Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai Champloo

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Samurai Champloo

I do agree it was a good anime show, but i don't think its the best samurai series out there.

Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I do agree it was a good anime show, but i don't think its the best samurai series out there.
    what about samurai jack its not much of an anime but it like the same and i think im the only one thats thinks that samurai jack and Samurai Champloo are in some ways the same
    the one and only show that rocks my socks
    the one show that i cant live
    with out.

soul society will live on forever in the minds of its poeple!!!

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought it was fun and good.... But not great.

I liked the mix of hip hop and old Japan.... I thought the characters were fun... But the story was at most just ok. And the flow of the show was way off...

I enjoyed it but not a best ever for me.... Just a fun watch

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't really say that i didn't like "Samurai Shamploo" because it had its swings and it was pretty good in various episodes though i kinda predicted the end as well but the fighting were good material to watch and fun ... i think it brought me the purpose of watching it though the depth of the story line was too little but some stories were very good ... and as a total i can say that i liked it ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Thanks

i like the music it was diff. than what im used to but the show was good non the less
    the one and only show that rocks my socks
    the one show that i cant live
    with out.

soul society will live on forever in the minds of its poeple!!!

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kurapika View Post
    Its storyline is great, being in search of a samurai that smells like Sunflowers.
    To me this opinion of mine, is really out of whack though the storyline from Samurai Champloo has been great and all, but i sincerely thing some of the acting out stuff from the scenes that i had watched before in the previous years were a little interesting. Although the rest were not sequently the worth of watching the whole entire series, since i had watched the whole entire thing from beginning to end, and it seems there has been some faulty styles and certainly the only chance i had to watch some of the eposiodes were only the sword fighting and that would be it.
    Mainly the only thing i dislike from Samurai Champloo is: the emotions, as well with the tratis these characters have in themselves, and i do wish to see more humor though i am not quite sure if the genre was comedy or something like that.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    I actually think that the whole street punk thing you're talkin' about was positively unique, although i know that Watanabe's attempt on this fusion of funkyness and bushido surely raised a lot of eyebrows from casual and hardcore fans alike.

I don't think Watanabe swung and missed badly with it, some people did like it sooooo much after all. But then again, part of me agrees with this whole swung and missed thingie...All of Watanabe's works seems to have been swingin and missin' me, i just couldn't seem to like his work. I think Champloo appeals more to new fans, coz most of the people i know that think it's such a stellar show are new to anime. Older fans like me will most likely think that it's either on an average(i think it is) or crappy scale.

Just like i said earlier, you sit down you watch it and then think about something else afterwards. It's just not one of those shows that sticks in your mind, well, it does as long as you're watching it...at least for me.

I'll say it again, it's highly commendable but not memorable...Lots of shows are just waaay too much better, but i disagree that it's a show not worth watching...It's good enough to be an upstart show for new fans on the block...JUST new fans on the block.

I agree but disagree at the same time. I agree that its a great Anime and I think it better than Ruroni Kenshin. I think it was original, new, and a lot more action pavked than some of the samurai junk I've watched.

But I don't agree with you on saaying Champloo is good for onlly people new to Anime cuz I've been into Anime since I was like 6 years old and I love Samurai Champloo, so I think this Anime is for ppl who are into Samurai stuff, but want to feel a diffrent experince of outlook of the genre.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

@Jokerman

So, like me you're one of the older dudes that gives it high regard? Then you're diff'rent, good for you.

I think you made a point that i never mentioned...Yeah like what i've said earlier it is a good upstart show for new fans on the block.....And from what you've said, i think it's a good upstart show for those people who want to get into samurai stuff...and those who wants to watch a good tweaked show of the said genre.
    Last edited by Hantei16; Apr 12, 2008 at 03:01 AM. Reason: deleted the quoted stuff for space saving

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast