Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Deeper Kyo

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Who seen or heard of it. I've seen it and I love it!!!
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Samurai Deeper Kyo

The anime isn't that bad, but for someone that has read the manga first, it's hard to stomach all the significant changes. Turning most of the villains into big bad monsters was pathetic. Things are a lot better when it's superpowered human with inhuman skill against superpowered human with inhuman skill. Adding mutating monsters to the mix does not work well.

The music was generic. The animation wasn't perfect. I noticed too many still shots being used and the battles were repetitive. Then again, the manga battles were also repetitive as well as predictable in which the battle always (usually) ended with the good guy cutting down the bad guy or maybe Kyo/Kyoshiro activating some lost power and godmodding the villain.

It was nice to see Yukimura come to life. He's just as hilarious than he is in the manga. Demon Eyes Kyo is the generic badass, but still the badass and Kyoshiro might seem to be a weakling in the beginning, but later on, he's almost more badass than Kyo himself. Yuya is the damsel in distress as well as a chick with a gun. Anime Sasuke came out to be a wimp sometimes whereas Manga Sasuke was always a short little badass.

The anime isn't that bad. Like with most series, the manga is a whole lot better.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Dark_Ichigo_X may be famous one day Dark_Ichigo_X may be famous one day Dark_Ichigo_X's Avatar
    Thanks

ya its pretty cool. i like it

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive read the manga... just a couple of vols. tho... I liked it, kind of funny, good illustrations... I liked it... I found it very similar to Rurouni Kenshin... kind of the same story dont u think?
    Last edited by jaam0927; Aug 07, 2006 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelled wrong a word
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaam0927
    Ive read the manga... just a couple of vols. tho... I liked it, king of funny, good illustrations... I liked it... I found it very similar to Rurouni Kenshin... kind of the same story dont u think?
    In some ways, yes. The whole protagonist having a dark side. Split personalities and all that. Demon Eyes Kyo and Hitokiri Battousai are almost the same, but further down the series, it starts to differ. The similarities end and things get.. weird. For lack of a better word. Weird. But a little cool.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with what Innerhell said, the storyline is handled much better in the manga than in the animated series. having all the badguys turn into monsters just came off too childish. Also, the animation was much more wordy because it had to explain just about everything in lamen terms.

That's not to say it's a bad series, it's actually quite good, but it's better read than seen.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

If you even read at least half the manga before watching the series, you'd have been very disappointed with the TV animation. I thought, "What is this!?" and "What's up with the ending!?" *sigh*

I'm up to the final volume (38) already. I absolutely the cover art of Vol 35. HISHIGI and FUBUKI!!!!!! *kyaaaa* (fangirlish squeal)

Hishigi roxxor.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

i kinda like this show. unfortunately, i couldnt watch all the episodes on TV thanks to my government, dragging sheep to NS camp! >_<,

nuuu~!!

It's nice. ^_^ I like the characters and the battle scenes.
    sorry I cant say more. I have not watch most of it myself

the pig is so cute~ ^_^
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast