Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sci Fi Channel announces Anime late night block

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sci Fi Channel announces Anime late night block

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

After all this time, it appears that 'Adult Swim' is finally getting come cable competition for the late night Anime audience....

Sci Fi Targets Late Night - 5/7/2007 - Broadcasting & Cable:

So far, they've only announced a Monday night Anime block, but this can easily be expanded!!! Features to be shown will be out of the licensed collection of Manga Entertainment. So, do you think this is a good thing?, and how will Adult Swim react to this???
    Awesome!!!! something good to watch FINALLY!!!!
    Adult swim? pfffff.... better I sleep early then.... I never have liked adult swim......
    It will be so sweet to have some good anime going on sci-fi... I'd say go for it!
    Reaction of Adult swim.... maybe they will realize that good anime brings more ppl and maybe they will put some good stuff on their transmision.... just maybe.....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Oi!, i dunno if i heard about this here or not but....adult swim is expanding and will be airing on fridays now.....around june i thiink

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great news, especially since I've only recently had Sci-Fi (wasn't available on basic cable where I used to live). It'll be interesting to see what shows they pick up; hopefully they'll focus on recently licensed anime, not things everyone's already seen. Kinda wish they'd do this a little earlier in the evening, since I get up ridiculously early during the week for work.
    Last edited by gren; May 06, 2007 at 12:46 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie hapa may be famous one day hapa may be famous one day hapa's Avatar
    Thanks

Excellent, I have satellite and I live on the west coast so that'll be 3 hours earlier for me.

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

i honestly don't think there's going to be any real competition. with how many genres of anime there are, if the scifi channel's anime goes well and they do become as big as adult swim they won't be competing too much, as long as they do different genres. then again....[AS] does show a lot of scifi style animes, so they could start competing...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now quoting from another Forum...
    June 11th - Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

June 18, 25th - Noein, Tokko and Macross Plus
    This is now confirmed from the Sci-Fi channel online TV Schedule...
    Schedule | On Air | SCIFI.COM

Now if this is true, this would be the US Premier 'Solid State Society'. It looks like that Sci-Fi Channel is starting out with Guns Blazing. And going up against Adult Swim 'Shin-Chan' it looks like they own Monday nights...
    Last edited by LenMiyata; May 06, 2007 at 02:30 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

GIS:SSS, Noein, Tokko, and Macross Plus!!? (o_O)

"Good-bye [AS] and hello Sci-fi's Ani-monday!!" LOL. Seriously, thats just a great line up to start out with. They're gonna be a great competition to [AS] as how [AS] has just finished Eureka 7 and they havent made any announcements of any new anime line ups coming up (that I know of). Instead [AS] already has another 5 [AS] original shows coming up...honestly, I'm not too thrilled about that.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly don't know how much it will affect me. I will definitely check out the anime they show on Sci-fi. See if they show any I haven't seen. But I haven't watched Adult Swim in a while because I usually watch all my anime on Youtube or Crunchyroll now (or rent it from Netflix). But if the competion between these to channels leads to more anime being on TV then I will definitely be a happy camper.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast