Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sci Fi Channel announces Anime late night block

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sci Fi Channel announces Anime late night block

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now quoting from another Forum...

This is now confirmed from the Sci-Fi channel online TV Schedule...
    Schedule | On Air | SCIFI.COM

Now if this is true, this would be the US Premier 'Solid State Society'. It looks like that Sci-Fi Channel is starting out with Guns Blazing. And going up against Adult Swim 'Shin-Chan' it looks like they own Monday nights...
    g-g-g-g-g-g-GITS: SAC SSS?????? that's a kick in [AS]'s pants right there! im marking my FREAKIN' CALENDER!!!!

NOIEN?? MACROSS PLUS??? *looks up tokko* *likes what he sees* TOKKO??? i hope [AS] is wearing a cup. then again, this is a serious kick in the pants! we're talking steel toed boot of solid, powerful anime programming!

Newbie FireStarterBob may be famous one day FireStarterBob may be famous one day FireStarterBob's Avatar
    Thanks

oOOOOoo... good to hear scifi will start airing anime again. Yeah, I remember back in the day when they would play the occasional anime. The first time I watched polymatrix was on scifi.

The independent channel also plays some anime here and there, but I never know when they play it.

exciting stuff. I'm sure everyone remembers when techtv used to play a good amount of anime, more anime is definately a good thing

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Now this is some thing im liking Sci Fi Channel with anime and way better anime then AS has at the moment,if this keeps up im done with AS lately the shows have gone to crap and its just not like it used to be.
    June 11th - Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

June 18, 25th - Noein, Tokko and Macross Plus

Wow Ghost in the Shell: SSS,Noein, Tokko and Macross Plus i am so there,this great now better anime ! hope fully it spreads to the rest of the week to not just Mondays.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Newbie deathnotefromthesoulless is off to a good start deathnotefromthesoulless's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it is great but adult swim has nothing to worry about but they might get more animes and time to compete i dont think it is a bad thing for us anime fans but for them it could stir up problems

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

After all this time, it appears that 'Adult Swim' is finally getting come cable competition for the late night Anime audience....

Sci Fi Targets Late Night - 5/7/2007 - Broadcasting & Cable:

So far, they've only announced a Monday night Anime block, but this can easily be expanded!!! Features to be shown will be out of the licensed collection of Manga Entertainment. So, do you think this is a good thing?, and how will Adult Swim react to this???
    I say "Good Riddance!" to [AS]! They were taking way too much advantage of the anime that they aired at night, and now they might have some actual competition. Maybe the scifi channel will air their anime shows with more consistancy than [AS], and Adult Swim will lose a large amount of their viewers.

Ha.

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

This isn't going to last for long. It's not like Manga Entertainment has that much of a selection of interesting anime. Noein would be the one I'd watch out of the ones listed.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It looks like Sci-Fi Channel has announced some additional features that will be showing...
    SCI FI's Ani-Monday will feature the exclusive premiere of Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society. Other titles on the horizon include the feature films Ninja Scroll, Blood: The Last Vampire, Read or Die and Blackjack. The anime block will also be home to premieres of new genre series such as Tokko, Noein and classic series such as Street Fighter II V.
    SCI FI Wire | The News Service of the SCI FI Channel | SCIFI.COM
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie gaarasgirl may be famous one day gaarasgirl may be famous one day gaarasgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it would be a pretty good idea coz it gives us chances to watch different kinds of anime
    your destiny lies within its up to you to find it

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast