+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Searching For a New Anime

Newbie lovingazn613 is off to a good start lovingazn613's Avatar
    Thanks

Searching For a New Anime

Hihi! I'm currently looking for a new series to watch

I haven't finished Bleach yet, but since that's still going, I want something to watch on the side.

Preferrably something with action and romance mixed there I like a little drama too, just the works would actually do.

I enjoyed Death Note, Code Geass, Inuyasha, and Samurai Deeper Kyo if that helps. ^_^

So please suggest!

Newbie Kira09L is off to a good start Kira09L's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Searching For a New Anime

umm how about jyu oh sei, samurai champloo, fate stay night, black cat, hunterx hunter, one piece, Gintama hope this helped

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Simoun: Simoun is set in a world called Daikuuriku. In this earth like planet the inhabitants are all born female and are given the chance to choose their sex at the age of seventeen. The nation of Simulacrum wields the powerful technology of Helical Motors of which are used to give flight to objects. These mysterious motors are the key force behind their nations military. Amongst those who have not yet visited the spring that determines gender a select few are given the chance to become Sibyllae, respected priestesses that pilot Simouns. Powered by the Helical Motors the Simoun are flying machines capable of destroying large forces. The pilots are able to use the Simoun to create Ri Maajons, patterns in the sky that each to its own has special abilities. Amongst the Sibyllae forces the most famous squadron named Chor Tempest consists of the most talented pilots. Aaeru a new member soon joins this force, unlike many others she accepts that Simouns are tools of war and Ri Maajons are not just prayers offered to the gods. Aaeru is faced with questions of war and religion but whats more concerning is the secrets that lie within the ancient Helical Motor technology.

Baccano!: In the year 1711 a group of alchemists take a chance in summoning a demon in their quest to obtaining immortality. Surprisingly the demon gives the alchemists not only the elixir of life but also the method to reproduce this liquid that grants eternal life. However what is unknown to the alchemists on this voyage, is that though given the ability to cheat death it doesn’t come completely free. In the future the recipe to create the elixir is concealed amongst two of the surviving immortals. Though the potion grants immunity to disease, physical harm and age, those who have consumed the potion can take the lives of another who has drank it. As the immortals scatter across the world many live in fear that one day they may eventually lose what they have been clutching to for the past years. Baccano is set in a world of the mafia, where gangs fight for territory and others just kill for pleasure.

Mahoromatic: To protect earth from alien invaders the secret organization known as Vesper uses highly advanced androids. These extremely powerful combat androids are able to fight and defeat the invaders, however as a consequence the life span of these battle maidens are quite limited. Mahoro is known as Vesper’s strongest warrior android and is well known for her battle capabilities even amongst her own kind. However after countless battles it is inevitable that she too will soon cease to live. As a reward for her services she is granted the choice of spending her remaining time the way she pleases. By leaving the stressful world of combat she is able to prolong her existence for just over a year. Mahoro chooses to enjoy the time she has left as an ordinary human. She soon moves in with Suguru a junior high school student living in Tokyo. Though at first Suguru doesn’t realize any connection between him and his new found maid Mahoro, it is soon revealed that his father was actually a commanding officer in Vesper, the one who had responsibility over Mahoro when she served as a battle android.

Must SEE

Aire Gear: Itsuki Minami is an ordinary delinquent at a high school. Nicknamed Ikki by his friends he is known as the leader of a small gang named the East Side Gunz. Unknown to Ikki his sisters form the renowned Sleeping Forest Storm Riders, a team that competes in the world of Air Treck battles. Air Trecks (AT’s) are a special type of motorized inline skates. AT’s are much like ordinary roller blades but have motors which allow its user to perform maneuvers that would not ordinarily be possible with normal inline skates. After learning of his sister’s secret Ikki’s fascination in experiencing flight becomes a catalyst in forming his determination and journey towards mastering Air Trecks. However Ikki soon learns that sheer determination alone isn’t enough to achieve the ultimate dream of any Storm Rider of reaching the top of Trophaeum Tower.

Eureka Seven: In the past the humans were driven from their home planet Earth. Now the human race inhabit a new planet. On this new planet exists a substance called “Trapar”. This transparent substance is energy particles one of which can enable flight when harnessed properly. Although the Trapar is used to propel airships a popular sport called lifting was created. Lifting involves the use of a surfboard like device that is used to ride the trapar just like riding waves when surfing.

Several years after the disaster named “Summer of Love” ended the son of hero (Adrock) is given the chance to experience and change the world. Renton is a skilled mechanic like his father. However due to the loss his father in the great disaster his mechanic skills are taught by his grandfather in the small town of Belforest. One day he is given the chance to join the renegade Gekkostate crew and its leader the famed lifter Holland. However Rentons “luck” doesn’t end here, he also meets a young female pilot named Eureka. The story then tells of the growing relationship between the two and their LFO Nirvash. Renton’s life takes a dramatic turn as he joins Gekkostate however the events soon to follow are not as is printed in their ray=out magazine.

Must SEE

Shakugan no Shana: Sakai Yuji was a normal high school student until he one day meeds a girl with flaming red hair and eyes. On his way home people were frozen and within the frozen area a monster appeared and began to devour people. In this world whenever a person is killed by one of these monsters the person is replaced by a torch. By having a “Torch” replacing the original person the world is kept at peace and the secret of the existence of these monsters are kept hidden. After the torch replaces the victim the torch slowly disappears and everyone forgets the existence of the original person. The original Sakai Yuki is killed and a torch replaces him, however this is no ordinary torch. The new Sakai Yuji is a special kind of Mystes because he has a treasure named Hougu within him he is able to stay in the world as his torch doesn’t burn out but instead reignites at midnight. The red haired girl is Shana is a Flame Haze who hunts the “Denizens of the Crimson Realm” (Kuze no Tomogara) and its minions the Rinne.

School Rumble: School Rumble is like a love triangle at its best, the characters all fall in love with one another but none of them seem to match. Tsukamoto Tenma is like any other ordinary girl, like normal girls she has a person she likes. Unfortunately her dream guy Karasumaru doesn’t feel the same way towards her as she does for him. To make matters worse Karasumaru plans to leave the school at the end of the year. With the help of Yakumo (Tenma’s sister) Tenma tries to confess her love. Harima Kenji is a delinquent who holds strong feelings for Tenma. Harima like Tenma is unable to express his feelings and to further confuse and mess up the situation Tenma is thick. Unable to realize the subtle hints of Harima’s feelings Tenma becomes confused in his actions. Yakumo on the other hand has the ability to understand what others are thinking about her and therefore rejects the many boys that attempt to ask her out. As Harima’s feelings lie towards Tenma, Yakumo begins to fall for Harima due to Harima’s personality and compassion towards animals. However as mentioned before Tenma is thick and believes Harima has fallen for her sister. The love triavle soon turns into a love web, a web of confusion that spawns comedy.

Must SEE

I'll stop here, let you take all that in and stuff.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Newbie Skizzit is off to a good start Skizzit's Avatar
    Thanks

Both Eureka Seven and Shakugan no Shana are good choices. I personally could not stand School Rumble, but that may just be me. For more of a pure romance series, I would suggest either Toradora or Lovely Complex. Both very funny with a really good romance story and a solid ending.

And I cannot ever let one of these threads go by without mentioning Hayate no Gotoku. Funniest. Series. Ever.
    Who needs a signature.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I always recommend Basilisk and Gurren lagann. If you liked Samuaria Deeper Kyo I think you will enjoy the series Basilisk. I don't give spoilers, but it is excellent. Gurren Lagann is one of the greatest anime in my opinion and you will probably love it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It looks like you're into the 'Dark Side' of anime... I would recommend the award winning series 'Gankutsuou', the Sci-Fi remake of the of the classic novel 'The Count of Monte Cristo'

The Official Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuou Anime Site from FUNimation Productions

The site Anime News Network currently has the first 4 episodes for video streaming viewing from a US/Region 1 location...
    Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo ep.1 - Anime News Network
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

I hate when they turn a classic into an anime like Romeo and Juliet and now the Count of Monte Cristo. A good darkish anime is Gantz, a funny one is Golden Boy ,and an action one is Rurouni Kenshin.

Newbie tabin42 is off to a good start tabin42's Avatar
    Thanks

These are probably not even worth mentioning since they are so popular, but have you seen Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, or Neon Genesis Evangelion? They all fit the bill pretty nicely with action, drama, and romance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast