+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Series You Couldn't Stomach

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Series You Couldn't Stomach

I'm not very picky when it comes to anime. I can sit through most shows. There are those that were just unbearable. Here are a few.

Ai Yori Aoshi - I like romance like everyone else but this was just too predictable. Every time a conflict started I knew how it would end because the characters were so predictable.

Burst Angel - I found it too mediocre. The robot fights were dull. Not even close to Gundam or Gurren Lagann fights. The characters were a little deep. The damsel in distress thing gets old. But nothing made it "pop".

Mahormatic - To be fair I only watched the 1st episode of this one. But those 22 minutes had typical romance story written all over it. Guy who is bad with women gets female living in his house. Typical misunderstandings and jokes ensue.

I'm not against romance. These were just the ones I could think up reasons for since posting a list is against the rules and doesn't help stimulate discussion honestly.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Series You Couldn't Stomach

I still haven't finished Scrapped Princess. Multiple people recommended it to me but it seems to awfully dull to me. Nothing which engages me enough to make me watch the rest.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn't sit through another episode of Love Hina. The manga is awesome, but the anime just didn't seem to capture my attention like the manga did. It became too repetitive. The same or similar jokes over and over and over again. I may finish it one day. Currently, I can't think about watching it without wanting to smack somebody. LOL.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    Mahormatic - To be fair I only watched the 1st episode of this one. But those 22 minutes had typical romance story written all over it. Guy who is bad with women gets female living in his house. Typical misunderstandings and jokes ensue.
    Now 'Mahoromatic' is one of my favorite GAINAX Studio series, and the historical facts show that this series was the first one to actually make a profit for the studio since the end of EVA... (As the series progresses, you discover that Mahoro has hidden motivations for taking that particular position...)

Now I agree with you on 'Burst Angel' which was GONZO Studio attempt at a 'Cyperpunk' series, but devolved into a 'Girls with Guns' series (but with a Mecha!!)

Now the only recent series that I had the non-pleasure of finishing is 'Ragnarok' (based on a Korean MMRPG). Half way through, I started thinking to myself, "Why am I watching this???" with shallow characters showing poor motivation reasons for their actions...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I couldn't sit through another episode of Love Hina. The manga is awesome, but the anime just didn't seem to capture my attention like the manga did. It became too repetitive. The same or similar jokes over and over and over again. I may finish it one day. Currently, I can't think about watching it without wanting to smack somebody. LOL.
    I watched all of Love Hina. All the OVAs & etc. At the time I was pretty new to anime and was ecstatic to watch anything. Looking back though I can understand how you feel.

I sat through Rah Xephon. At the end I felt so betrayed. I gave them 26 episodes to tie up their several loose ends. I've never felt that confused since watching FLCL for the first time. The difference is Rah Xephon wanted you to believe they were making sense. FLCL pretty much told you it was going to be random from episode 1.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Newbie duncanmix is off to a good start
    Thanks

Saint Seiya is one that comes to my mind. Someone told me its epic old timer, but after 20 episodes I came up to conclusion that he made fun of me...

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

Bleach. everybody keeps saying how great it is. it isn't. no offense to you fans of bleach. it went downhill after the soul society arc.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Rozen Maiden I only watched the first episode. The kid was so rude to his sister and the doll was annoying by acting all proper and princess-like. I hated the characters and the story line.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast