+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Series You Couldn't Stomach

Newbie Judgmentalist is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Series You Couldn't Stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    I watched all of Love Hina. All the OVAs & etc. At the time I was pretty new to anime and was ecstatic to watch anything. Looking back though I can understand how you feel.

I sat through Rah Xephon. At the end I felt so betrayed. I gave them 26 episodes to tie up their several loose ends. I've never felt that confused since watching FLCL for the first time. The difference is Rah Xephon wanted you to believe they were making sense. FLCL pretty much told you it was going to be random from episode 1.
    Hah hah! I had to sit through Ra Xephon at the first Anime Evolution after borrowing the fansub from Anime Jyanai with a friend's membership since I was a visitor. My god it was dumb. I can't believe you watched an entire season of it. My critical butt was out of the viewing room before it was 20 minutes in.

As for FLCL, I love Studio GAINAX. Slackers and crazy minstrels, they're so lazy they don't bother finishing series they lose interest in, and molded Evangelion into "the best anime never animated." Gee, I miss the old days.

As for me, I couldn't stand "Please Save My Earth". There's something to be said about a series that makes the lead characters so thoroughly unappealing you'd rather see their model sheets fed into a paper shredder than put to celluloid ever again. I was losing my temper with it from the first minute, but when the 12-year-old kid spit at the woman trying to take care of him, I just shut it off and threw the tape out the window.

Yeah, I miss the old days.
    チップスへの焼跡は死に、

Newbie kurohime is off to a good start kurohime's Avatar
    Thanks

as for me, i can't stand 'baki the grapler', i mean what's w/ all the fighting,Being the strongest and stuff, so boring.. Doesn't have any sense of humor at all.

I also hate anime like bidaman, beyblade stuff etc. Poor plot, boring story line

as for me, i can't stand 'baki the grapler', i mean what's w/ all the fighting,Being the strongest and stuff, so boring.. Doesn't have any sense of humor at all.

I also hate anime like bidaman, beyblade stuff etc. Poor plot, boring story line.

Clannad, it is indeed cute, but too dramatic for me.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Nov 03, 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Newbie Rhyaniwhynn is off to a good start Rhyaniwhynn's Avatar
    Thanks

Saint Seiya is one that I could not really get into, I grew up in it's time period but guess it's just not my type of anime. The Love Hina anime...yeah I have yet to finish that one as some of the characters REALLY let me down. As I read the manga first, THEN tried the anime and well...am extremely disappointed at how weird it turned out...I mean Kitsune speaking like some redneck hick belle of the south?? GIVE ME A BREAK rofl!

I sorta like Bleach...but there are SO SO SO many friggin episodes that after the soul society it got boring for me to try and track at what point I left off at lol...prolly working on episode 500 some by now lol.

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely Bleach =/ I lost my intrest in it after the bunch go to rescue Rukia it was too loong they go there and then there ,meet that person on the way and I was like ...rescue the girl already! ,blah =_=
    Pandora hearts I started off with the first episode and it was pretty great ....until they brought in more talking dolls and a giant mime dummy =_=
    Special A ..i accept that its funny and evrything but blegh ...i coulldnt stand it for a long time .

One piece also gets added to this list =/

*50*
    Last edited by Zev; Nov 17, 2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Double post

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duncanmix View Post
    Saint Seiya is one that comes to my mind. Someone told me its epic old timer, but after 20 episodes I came up to conclusion that he made fun of me...
    Thats hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by iazndragoni yan View Post
    Bleach. everybody keeps saying how great it is. it isn't. no offense to you fans of bleach. it went downhill after the soul society arc.
    I watched the 1st two seasons as well but after I saw Eizen was being dealt with in the third I gave up. I have no problems with Bleach except that they deal with enemies like a kids show in that there isn't much realism. Ichigo will get his ass kicked the 1st time but somehow a day of training will put him on the boss's level in time for the big fight.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Newbie manamichan669 is off to a good start manamichan669's Avatar
    Thanks

Kobato - The main character just pissed me off so much...

Bokusatu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - This was a very crude, pointless excuse for a comedy series.

Strawberry Panic - Extremely boring. All of the characters were basicly the same, and nothing interesting really happened.

Kuchu Buranko - This was actually a work of artistic genius. I just literally couldn't stomach it. All the colors made me sick

Kuroshitsuji - Now I think this is just me. I kind of have a fear of long, torturous deaths. So in ep 1 when Sebastian put that guy in the oven...it kind of scared me off :P

This Ugly yet Beautiful World - The plot makes no sense. This is nothing but crappy fanservice.

Newbie Lord Canti is off to a good start Lord Canti's Avatar
    Thanks

The first one for me is The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. People have told me how amazing that anime is but I got bored in the first five minutes of episode zero. I watched a few random takes from it on youtube to stir interest once more but someday I'll go back and try to get through that ep or I may suffer a Mikuru beam

Another anime that couldn't hold my interest was Berserk. I remember first finding out about it through a Dark Tranquility, Wonders at your feet AMV I happened to stumble upon and I was amazed by the manga photos I saw. The anime however just was too slow for me I guess. I was younger at the time but I just remember not liking it.

Bokusatu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - This was a very crude, pointless excuse for a comedy series.
    That anime was hilarious! Crude yes, but still it had me rolling at some parts.
    Im the Canti

Newbie manamichan669 is off to a good start manamichan669's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Canti View Post
    [Dokuro-chan] was hilarious! Crude yes, but still it had me rolling at some parts.
    Lol. I got to ep four...and then I wondered what the hell I was doing with my life. I did laugh a few times at first, but then it got old and just kind of gross...

Just my opinion, though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast