Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shōjo Recommendations

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shojo Recommendations

Chobits: CLAMP

Why: Favorite manga series ever! i was surprised by the depth of the story and that the couples were actually striaght! i'm sorry, but CLAMP is most known for their iffy character relations.

Ai Yori Aoshi: Kou Fumizuki

Why: Very sweet story of two childhood sweethearts who re-connect years later. Kaoru has forgotten, but through Aoi's genuiness, he remembers what his mind had left behind. But when other girls show the a similar interest, things really get crazy! WARNING! it's one of those near-hentai animes, so don't invite the whole family to watch it!

His and Her Circumstances: Masami Tsuda

Why: very cute, funny, and surprisingly deep love story. She is "little miss perfect" that gets pissed when the new guy takes all her glory! but as she tries to regain her title, their feelings become more and more romantic! Soap alert!

Pita-Ten: Koge-Donbo

Why: An angel and a sad boy both learn what it means to love and to be happy. More cute than romantic, it's something that can give you that little ray of sunshine when you're feeling down! Cute Overload!

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shōjo Recommendations

Here's a list of shoujo anime and manga I've watched and read recently. :]

Anime

Romeo X Juliet by GONZO
    It's a really nice new twist of the tragic love story. The music is beautiful, the art is great (characters designed by by the guy who did Full Metal Alchemist), and the voice acting is top notch. You can feel the emotion in the anime and it really sucks you in.

Kamichama Karin
    I really didn't expect anything other than it being a magical girl show, but I really liked the first episode and I'm liking it so far. It came from a manga, so you can probably get your hand on that, too. So far, I like the tsundere relationship between Karin and Kazune.

Lovely Complex
    There was also a JDorama movie and it's basically the animated version of the manga. I love the manga and am liking the anime so far. Be prepared, though, because you'll be needing a box of tissues nearby!

Saiunkoku Monogatari
    This is a different setting and came from a Jousei serialization (kind of like a manga/graphic novel for the adult women), but it's still a really good anime for girls to watch. The setting is back in ancient Japan/China era with emperors and the whole bit, but the heroine, Shuurei is probably the most ideal role model for girls. She's pretty much surrounded by an army of nice bishies, too, so that's a very good plus. Overall, the anime is a nice change from the usual shoujos.

Mai-HiME/Otome by SUNRISE
    Although it's more for the guys, it has all the Shoujo elements to satisfy even the girls, but don't be surprised with the fanservice moments. Watch Mai-HiME first and then Mai-Otome/Z-HiME. The stories are really hard to explain, but it really isn't hard to be pulled into the storyline. Bring a box of tissues for Mai-HiME, especially. ^^

Manga (these are my three most favorite)

Parfait Tic by Nanaji Nagamu
    This is one of my all-time favorites. Fuuko is a girl whose life is turned upside down when two cousins move into the apartment she lives in. The storyline's really simple, but how the story unfolds and the emotions conveyed with the interactions between the characters really makes it hard to hold back the tears. :P I'd suggest a big box of tissues for this one.

Love Monster by Miyagi Riko
    This is also another favorite. :] "After failing the entrance exams to her school of choice, Hiyo Osora gets an acceptance letter from SM Academy. But she didn't even apply or take its exam! When she arrives, there's something amiss -- all the students are... monsters!? And the head of the student council says he's her fiancé right before he sprouts giant black wings! What strange fate brought Osora to SM Academy, and what supernatural fate awaits her after this!?" (ShoujoMagic)
    It's very Harry Potter-ish, but it's definitely not a rip-off. The manga is very lovable and has enough bishies to give a girl a nosebleed, so tissues too, haha!

Desire Climax
    by Ukyou Ayane (also the mangaka of BxB Brothers)
    Also one of the all-time favorites. "This is Ayana Ukyou's newest work. And her art has gotten even better... with better bishies... and even some SMUT! Omori Mio is 17 years old. To help out her desperately poor family, she takes on a part-time job. Then, one night, a boy snatches a kiss from her and offers her money, saying, "I'll buy you." Who is the boy who stole Mio's first kiss. . .!?" (ShoujoMagic)
    This is a very angsty and dark shoujo that has about as many twists and surprises as Aihara Miki's Hot Gimmick. The main character's pretty sweet too. :3

- Vampire Knight, as stated before. <3
    - Hot Gimmick by Aihara Miki
    - As Long as the Sun Shines in the Sky by Aihara Miki
    - Hana Yori Dango
    - Marmalade Boy, cute but kinda weirdd
    - Hanazakari no Kimitachi E aka HanaKimi (For You in Full Blossom)
    - Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru aka Secret Sweethearts (tr: I'm in Love with My Little Sister) *warning: twincest
    - anything from CLAMP
    - anything from Shinjo Mayu, but her works have lots of sex in them (it's not hentai, though).. you'd probably be nosebleeding.. her bishies are too hot xD
    - everything by Shimaki Ako has made me cry rivers, especially Mucha Kucha Daisuki
    - anything by Minami Kanan is loaded with bishies and romance
    - anything by Kayono is kinda up to par with Shinjo Mayu

JDorama
    - Hana Yori Dango
    - Nobuta wo Produce
    Last edited by Ahiko; Apr 21, 2007 at 08:24 PM.
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

WOW, thank you all for your support and suggestions! I'll be sure to look into as many of these as I can. ^ ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahiko View Post

Desire Climax
    by Ukyou Ayane (also the mangaka of BxB Brothers)
    Also one of the all-time favorites. "This is Ayana Ukyou's newest work. And her art has gotten even better... with better bishies... and even some SMUT! Omori Mio is 17 years old. To help out her desperately poor family, she takes on a part-time job. Then, one night, a boy snatches a kiss from her and offers her money, saying, "I'll buy you." Who is the boy who stole Mio's first kiss. . .!?" (ShoujoMagic)
    This is a very angsty and dark shoujo that has about as many twists and surprises as Aihara Miki's Hot Gimmick. The main character's pretty sweet too. :3
    This manga sounds hot && interesting! I shall look into this one first.
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Apr 22, 2007 at 05:28 PM.

Newbie Sazurii is off to a good start Sazurii's Avatar
    Thanks

Idk if this was already recmmended... but Fruits Basket. Maybe youve already read it.
    No Way! I'm The Beautiful One Dammit!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazurii View Post
    Idk if this was already recmmended... but Fruits Basket. Maybe youve already read it.
    Fruits Basket isn't really a shojo manga, in my opinion. I started to read it, but I haven't been keeping up with the new releases. It's cutesy and everything, but nothing really goes on.

Thanks

oh thats right sorry, then hana kimi is good, but theres no anime

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazurii View Post
    oh thats right sorry, then hana kimi is good, but theres no anime
    That's all right ^ ^ I'm more of a manga girl when it comes to shojo. What is Hana Kimi about? Someone else recommended it, but I don't believe they elaborated on that manga.

Thanks

a girl from america goes to japan, and pretends to be a boy at an all boys school to be near her favorite athlete, Sano. Its her secret, and if anyone finds out shed be kicked out of school. she deffinately has a crush on sano but she has to hide that, and all her girl stuff. the school doctor finds out but its a secret between them. and sano finds out but Miyuki (the girl) doesnt know. he eventually loves her too. its pretty funny and romantic.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast