Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shōjo Recommendations

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Shōjo Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Sazurii View Post
    a girl from america goes to japan, and pretends to be a boy at an all boys school to be near her favorite athlete, Sano. Its her secret, and if anyone finds out shed be kicked out of school. she deffinately has a crush on sano but she has to hide that, and all her girl stuff. the school doctor finds out but its a secret between them. and sano finds out but Miyuki (the girl) doesnt know. he eventually loves her too. its pretty funny and romantic.
    Awwe, that sounds so sweet. I heard about that manga. Must have not remembered the title. Thank you, Sazurii.

Newbie Sazurii is off to a good start Sazurii's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah ok. Yea your welcome! hope you find something good im lookin for vampire manga
    No Way! I'm The Beautiful One Dammit!

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    WOW, thank you all for your support and suggestions! I'll be sure to look into as many of these as I can. ^ ^

This manga sounds hot && interesting! I shall look into this one first.
    Tehee, if you like the smutty mangas, my favorite pics would have to be:

1. Desire Climax by Ukyou Ayane
    2. Haou Airen by Shinjo Mayu (a girl gets caught up in a romance with the head of the most powerful mafia in all of Asia)
    3. Love Celeb by Shinjo Mayu (modern Japanese idol/social upperclass setting)
    4. Love Monster by Miyagi Riko
    5. Royal Seventeen by Kayono (modern fairytale)

Ah ok. Yea your welcome! hope you find something good im lookin for vampire manga
    Vampire Knight by Hino Matsuri and Love Monster by Miyagi Riko. ^^

You can find summaries of all of those titles from ShoujoMagic, but I think Haou Airen's been licensed in the US? I haven't seen it anywhere on manga shelves in the US.

oh thats right sorry, then hana kimi is good, but theres no anime
    HanaKimi has a Taiwanese Drama/Live Action out, but it's not really that good from watching it up to episode 9.. (There are 13 eps.) The male lead is cute, though. :3

I'll be posting reviews on manga and and anime I like in my Profile Blog. :] Maybe I'll come across some good titles. ^^
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Fruit Basket is shoujo. Shoujo are manga/anime aimed for the female audience which usually has a femele protagonist. It doesn't matter if you think its not, it is what it is.

Full Moon wo Sagashite - Haven't read the manga but the anime is one of the better shoujo anime I've watched. People may find it too long and boring at times but I never once did. It has one of the better endings in anime.

Nana - Very angst, serious romance and relationship between characters. Has some funny moments. Recommended; also has both manga and anime.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
    Nana - Very angst, serious romance and relationship between characters. Has some funny moments. Recommended; also has both manga and anime.
    This manga is absolutely amazing!! I love all of what I have seen of the anime so far.. and I've seen trailers for the actual japanese movie.

Newbie Sazurii is off to a good start Sazurii's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    This manga is absolutely amazing!! I love all of what I have seen of the anime so far.. and I've seen trailers for the actual japanese movie.
    Omgosh i loved that movie! i cant wait for the second XD
    No Way! I'm The Beautiful One Dammit!

Newbie Ahiko is off to a good start Ahiko's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't seem to get myself to read Nana for some reason. Aside from the fact that it was super humongously popular, I seriously can't get around to reading it. T_T
    あたしと一緒に遊びたい~

Otaku ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiko View Post
    I can't seem to get myself to read Nana for some reason. Aside from the fact that it was super humongously popular, I seriously can't get around to reading it. T_T
    Same here. It's a great manga and I can tolerate angsty drama (like the slow paced and agonizing long stares in the anime Bokura Ga Ita) but I find myself skimming through most part of the chapters. Anyway some additional recommendations would be:

Anatolia Story/Red River (manga) by Shinohara Chie:
    I think you will like this one as it is somewhat similar to Yuu Watase's work, the story follows to the same old girl gets transported to another place and the usual harem situation.

Tramps like us/Kimi wa petto (manga) by Yayoi Ogawa:
    This is one of my favorites and categorized as josei. The story has depth, really engaging and funny plus the characters are adorable.The art style needs a little getting used to but still pleasant. Overall this is highly recommended.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast