Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shouldn't dub?

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shouldn't dub?

*sigh* I guess people just see the word "dub" and immediately jump to the conclusion that the question is "do you like them?" which I'M NOT ASKING because I DON'T CARE.

I'm asking you all about specific series that for reasons besides you "like the original japanese better" should perhaps not be dubbed. I think my example of BECK in the 1st post is a good example of the kind of answer I'm looking for. You know, thoughtful and/or thought-through answers.

Please read the first post and not just the last ones! There are plenty of other threads about "dubbing vs. subbing". This isn't one of them.

(I apologize if I sound overly annoyed about this, but I seriously don't care whether you like dubs or don't because that's not what this thread is about.)
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

no no ., im glad your views are like that., it does create us to go deeper into discussions and i give you a cookie for that., but i have no more views on which animes shouldnt be dubbed, like i said some anime cant be replicaded

like my anime suggestion: Mai-Hime - its shouldnt of been dubbed., i love the jap vers. way better., even though i dont mind reading subbs for that matter., i found its easiers to create the emotions when you hear the seriousness of the voice., like i said jap voices are awsome for that and Mai-Hime was a very emo series and tranferring that to english just couldnt be a successful transistion., so vote went to Mai-Hime into staying as a sub.., i had an order to get the jap vers. of Mai-Hime., i loved it that much and i resent then dub., does that answer your question?? if not let me and my dubbing views be. ^_^

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Bah, i love dubs. I dont think theres anything that shouldnt be dubbed. Inuyasha a bad dub? Come on SasuraiHell, the voice acting in that was awesome. Subs are nice ppl, but they arent nothing special. I watch both, but still prefer dubs. I hate reading subtitles.

What you guys have to realize is we dont have the budget to pay for the best voice actors. So sometimes the voice acting isnt up to par. When done right like the Hayao Mizaki eng dubs, they have just as much emotion as the origional. The english language is just as dramatic as the japanese language.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol well if you've seen most of the animes/amer.toons that Inu's eng dub you'd be as grossed out as i am at the overuse of his rancid voice acting. Well then i admit some v.a's in inu were great like., Sessh(who kept it cool XD) and well i did like the emotion coming from Miroku and Sango's little fling lol.,
    lmao Voice acting isnt up to par., indeed so., so iguess thats were anime piracy comes into play XD., anyway., Kas you may have moved me., but i still say subbs rock....

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

THere are good and bad dubs. Examples ofwhat I think are some good dubs would be Cowboy Bebop, Eureka Seven, Gundam 0083 and Im sure there are more. I consider NAruto, One Piece and Gundam Seed to be soem pretty bad dubs. Some dubs just cant get the same feeling out as if I was watching the original Japanese version.

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends how good or badley they are dubbed. FMA and Azu Manga Daioh were dubbed very well and I watch in english. However others like Get Backers were really badly dubbed thus I watch in Japanese

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Shouldn't dub? (Please read/understand 1st post)

Quote Originally Posted by HibikiLink
    It depends how good or badley they are dubbed. FMA and Azu Manga Daioh were dubbed very well and I watch in english. However others like Get Backers were really badly dubbed thus I watch in Japanese
    First off, GetBackers actually had a really good dub, and you can really understand the levels of effort they put into it if you listen to the cast/staff commentary on the discs.

But back on topic, I'm looking for specific examples of anime series that you believe should not be dubbed. I'm don't want to see reasons about "they might potentially ruin it with a bad dub" or anything like.

All I'm asking you to do is think. To think about styles or traits of specific anime series that might not come across so well or even survive the dubbing process. SPECIFIC animes, not generalizations.

If you don't understand what I'm asking, then you probably haven't read the first post, where my suggestion of BECK is actually a pretty decent example of what I mean.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHobbit13
    Why? You should give a reason. And it better not be (truthfully) the ones I said I'm not looking to see for this question.
    No matter how well done the dub is, it will never be perfect or include every possible nuance of the original.
    That's why I think dubbing shouldn't exist. I'm willing to accept the little kids shows because they just can't read the subs (fast enough) but that's it.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast