+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Simoun

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Simoun

Quote Originally Posted by somechick_73 View Post
    I thought that fansubs wasn't illegal? Sorry. That's my mistake I guess. I didn't know that it was licensed if it was fansubbed.
    Fansubs themselves are in a legal gray area at best, since they do violate international copyright law, its just not strictly enforced. Nothing is free in this world, which is something people don't seem to get.

we don't' allow anime that has been licensed for distribution outside of Japan to be posted on Anime Online. And it is your job to do your research.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Simoun

Grumble Grumble Grumble

More specifically, the web servers for Anime Online are located in US territory, and are subject to, (and can be shutdown by) US Trademark/Copyright law. So once a Anime series receive a Region 1/US distribution license, they are now considered forbidden as far as AO is concerned...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2