+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slayers 4th Season Announced!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Slayers 4th Season Announced!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

For all who enjoyed the adventures of the diminutive and lightly endowed sorceress of black magic who can cast the mighty Dragon Slave spell, its time to rejoice, as with the publication of the official website splash page holder we know that ...
    Slayers Revolution

has entered preproduction. It has also been announced that the original voice actors for the four main characters will be returning for the new series...

Slayers Revolution TV Series Website Opens - Anime News Network

So how many AO members will be interested in the 4th Season sequel made a decade after the previous series???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Slayers 4th Season Announced!!!

Holy crap!!!! That is awesome, I'm interested in a fourth season *waves hand*. That's so cool they got the original voice actors too. It gives me hope for them giving Nadesico a second season or at least a another movie that answers something's.

Anyway, that's just great. I wonder if the character designs will ruin it though, so many years since the last Slayers, will they try to "improve" on things that don't need it. Remember the original Saber Marionette J, and the ugly new character designs for J-X? (I thought they were ugly anyway.) If they do change the character design, I hope its because the characters are older.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

I have only sen two sreies, I havent goten to the third one yet, Been too busy, But so far I love it! and its great that they are coming out with a fourth season!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

OMGOMG!!

Just got finished watching the previous three seasons not too long ago. This is definitely the BEST news to wake up to.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Of all the series I have seen...this isn't one of them...is it really any good Len? If so I might pick up the first 3 season and the fouth when it hits state side.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    Of all the series I have seen...this isn't one of them...is it really any good Len? If so I might pick up the first 3 season and the fouth when it hits state side.
    IMHO, Slayers was one of the greatest anime comedy franchises of the 1990s. As a matter of record, the complete Slayers is composed of...
    1. Slayers TV 1st season - 26 episodes
    2. Slayers Next TV 2nd season - 26 episodes
    3. Slayers Try 3rd season - 26 episodes
    4. Slayers Special (a.k.a. Slayers Book of Spells) OVA - 3 episodes prequel
    5. Slayers Excellent OVA - 3 episodes prequel
    6. Slayers The Motion Picture - Theatrical Movie Release prequel
    7. Slayers Return - Theatrical Movie Release prequel
    8. Slayers Great - Theatrical Movie Release prequel
    9. Slayers Gorgeous - Theatrical Movie Release prequel
    10. Slayers Premium - Theatrical Movie Release sequel to the TV series
    Considering the number of releases for this franchise, it's easy to surmise that the series was popular in Japan. Lina Inverse is also one of the definitive roles done by the voice actress Megumi Hayashibara (who also did the roles of Lime of 'Saber Marionettes', Rei Ayanami of 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' and Faye Valentine of 'Cowboy Bebop', as well as many other roles...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

I was happy and excited when the news hit me. Slayers is the best fantasy/comedy anime IMHO, and one of the BEST shows to ever grace the 90s anime scene. I grew up with Slayers and it's already immortalized in my mind, i was happy enough when they re-aired slayers at a local channel here in my country...and i couldn't be more happier that a new season is coming out.

The news totally caught me off guard, i thought Slayers was done..Just another piece of good history...........*will say this in a Macho Man Randy Savage kind of way*---"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

The good ol days of dragon Slavin'....

I think it's good news not only for those familiar with it but also for the newer generation of anime fans. The new generation of fans need it, they need to know what a good anime is made of...and i sure hope that the new season is good enough to match up to the caliber of the90s Slayers.
    Last edited by Hantei16; Apr 10, 2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: add ups

+ Reply to Thread