Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle, and Castle In The Sky

Newbie Satoko_Hyuuga may be famous one day Satoko_Hyuuga may be famous one day Satoko_Hyuuga's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle, and Castle In The Sky

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel
    @ bh : There are lots more. You missed quite a number of them.

@ Satoko : He probably does it to appeal to both grown-ups as well as children. I think I prefer his older movies, like Whisper of the Heart and Nausicaa. Beautiful stories.
    Yes. They're very beautiful stories. I just finished My neighbor Totoro. Do you know the other tittles for the other movies we've missed?

Newbie <LoKaNiMeChIcK{dR}93> may be famous one day <LoKaNiMeChIcK{dR}93> may be famous one day <LoKaNiMeChIcK{dR}93>'s Avatar
    Thanks

I have only seen Spirited Away & i thought it was really cool it had a really creative story to it and the characters were alrite i think Haku was the best
    Fighting away evil
    Dancing on the moon
    In my own fantasy world
    and i will come back soon

Newbie Satoko_Hyuuga may be famous one day Satoko_Hyuuga may be famous one day Satoko_Hyuuga's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by <LoKaNiMeChIcK{dR}93>
    I have only seen Spirited Away & i thought it was really cool it had a really creative story to it and the characters were alrite i think Haku was the best
    Yes indeed. It would be cooler if he was a little cuter but............. Other then his looks, he's COOL. Haha.

Newbie Sleeplesswonder may be famous one day Sleeplesswonder may be famous one day Sleeplesswonder's Avatar
    Thanks

Howls moving castle & spirited away were both amazing.. i havent seen castle in the sky yet..
    and she pulled you in,and she bit your lip,and made you hers..

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

i LOVED ALL THREE OF THOSE MOIVES they were are the BEST EVER!!!!! lol i really like sprited away and howl's moving castle better than castle in the sky but it was good too.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

I haven't seen Howl's moving castle, but I loved both spirited away and Castle in the sky. In fact, I love almost all of Miazaki's movies.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Newbie AndrewCooper may be famous one day AndrewCooper may be famous one day
    Thanks

These were recently on Film 4, shame I missed a few of them!

I've seen Spirited away before, It's such a classic

was like in the top 5 best ever films by Channel 4 ^^

Good stuff!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive seen them All(Well most). I'm addicted to his films. Cant wait to see his latest, but will probably be a while b4 we see it. Id say at least 2 years.

Castle in the Sky (1986) - This one was ok. The old lady pirate was funny though.

Grave of the Fireflies (1988) - Havent seen it.

My Neighbor Totoro (1988) - This was so cute, just love the little girls expressions.

Kiki's Delivery Service (1989) - This is one of my films of miyazaki . Such a sweet story. The cat cracked me up.

Only Yesterday (1991) - I saw this one on TMC. A sleeper, but still a good story.

Porco Rosso (1992) - Was ok. Still a good film of his.

Ocean Waves (1993) - Havent seen it.

Pom Poko (1994) - Not bad, just a little slow. Dont watch while your sleepy. A good message behind it though.

Whisper of the Heart (1995) - This is another of my top favs of hayao miyazaki . I just fell in love with the story. This is what anime was meant to be.

Princess Mononoke (1997) - What can i say, but pure awsome-ness. My favorite film of his. Seen in like a million times. One of the best anime films ever.

My Neighbors the Yamadas (1999) - Haven't seen it.
    Spirited Away (2001) - My second fav of his works. It brought me to tears, and i didnt even cry when my dog died.

The Cat Returns (2002) (a sequel of sorts to Whisper of the Heart) - havent seen it.

Howl's Moving Castle (2004)- Great film, just didnt live up to the hype. Though its definitly in my top 5 of his films. I guess i just expected more. Still an awesome story.

Hey wheres Nausicaa?? You forgot that one. Behind Princess Mononoke and spirited away, this is my third fav. Yes i was brought to tears again. I just lost it when she was revived at the end(Yes im a guy.. lol). Of all the films, i think this one had the best story.

PS: not all these films were by hayao miyazaki. A few were by his brother(Or some realative) i think?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Aug 07, 2006 at 09:22 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast