+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strike Witches:

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Strike Witches:

I've just finished watching the first-two episodes of this anime & for right now it has my attention. I have already taken a liking of one of the main characters who is called Yoshika Miyafuji. The squadron leader Mio Sakamoto isn't that bad either. I haven't really got to know them that well our the rest of the characters for that fact of matter, but those two had very good first impressions... lol ^_^

I had wikipedia the plot of this anime to give you all some of the story behind this anime:

Plot
    Set in a world similar to Earth in the mid twentieth century, Strike Witches tells the story of a fight to protect that world using a combination of magic and technology. The titular Strike Witches, a group of young women with high magical potential, have been gathered together from various nations in a task force to fight against the enigmatic Neuroi. This puzzling enemy force has appeared frequently and without warning in many areas across the world. The weapons of the Neuroi mostly take on forms similar to propeller aircraft but their most troubling tactic is the spreading of a corrosive miasma. Not only do normal humans have no defense against this miasma, but the remnants of the land affected by it are processed by the Neuroi into new weapons, crumbling huge sections of former nations into the sea. As the miasma seems to be unable to spread across large bodies of water, humanity has designated such areas as their main lines of defense.
    In order to bring out their potential for use in battle, each Witch equips a unique machine onto their legs: the Striker Unit. With the Striker Unit equipped, they gain the ability to fly and their tapped magical potential provides the strength to utilize weapons far too heavy and powerful for a normal man. Also created is a defensive field that can protect the Witches from the Neuroi's miasma as well as other physical weaponry, making them humanity's trump card in the war. The franchise's main media focuses on the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, spearheading the counterattack in war-torn Europe.

Well I was just wondering if anyone else knows/heard about this anime & what do they think of it... Just any general discussion is fine... lol ^_^

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Strike Witches:

This sounds really interesting. Where are you watching this, TV, Video, Youtube??? I would like to see it.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    This sounds really interesting. Where are you watching this, TV, Video, Youtube??? I would like to see it.
    I am watching in on the internet... I would tell you the site I am watching it, but I think it is against the rules to display or promote links/sites that takes away from the production company of anything... I might not said it right or explained it to the fullest, but I would be more than happy to PM it to you if you like... ^_^

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

This sounds like a very intersting anime I am going to see if I can find it to watch. Do you know if it is out as a manga or not?

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I started watching it as well but it seems to be more focused on the fact that they spend the entire time showing off their panties. If your in the military you could atleast wear pants especially in the 1940's. Too much focus on the underwear during the fights too.

I do like the story though. It really does seem interesting.

Thanks

I just finished the first two episodes. Definitely one to keep watching. I liked the combining of magic and technology to combat the aliens. Miyafuji is going to develop into a very strong power. It looks like most of the series is going to be about her development as she fights the aliens. I also like Lieutenant Sakomoto's Witch Sight. I hope they go into an explanation on it. Maybe the other Strike Witches will also have a Witch power like the Witch Sight.

As for the emphasis on the panties:
    1. Remember this is drawn by men, and there is a lot of anime drawn that way it doesn't take away from the story at all.
    2. Pants would get in the way of their tails when they manifest their magic. (Dog ears and tails are revealed when they use their magic)

Anything is Pawsable

Thanks

I am glad that you enjoyed it Ghattenpaw... ^_^ Ron I don't know if there is a manga, but I hope there is & Sorry solking that it wasn't up to par' for you...

I have to agree with you though Ghattenpaw that Sakamoto Witch Sight is awesome... It makes her characteristic distinctive & a whole lot likable lol' ^_^... I do believe Miyafuji is going to be a one of the strong witches & hopefully she has another power besides healing <not saying her healing abilities isn't freak'n sweet> lol' ^_^

I can't wait to see the other witches & their abilities/personalities... In the next episode (3rd) one of the witches they are going to introduce <the new comer besides Miyafuji> I believe she is going to be the shy, innocent, type - one of the personalities you gotta love... I believe the next episode is called "Not Alone"...

Don't Miyafuji personality makes you love her... Something about her wanting to protect everyone is so righteous lol ^_^... Maybe it is just me cause I am a sucker for characters who wants to achieve the impossible... And Miyafuji reminds me of one of my favorite anime characters... Renton from Eureka 7

*Am I the only one who thinks the fox ears & tails are soooo adorable ^_^

Thanks

Actually, Miyafuji reminds me of Usagi from Sailor Moon (my favorite!) especially with her wanting to protect everyone. If this follows a Sailor Moon type of scenario, then Miyafuji's greatest powers are going to manifest when she is in a really tight spot with someone who needs her protection. It will be really interesting to see how powerful she is. That may also explain why she has difficulty controlling her healing power.

Anything is Pawsable

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast