+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Strike Witches:

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Strike Witches:

Has anyone been watching the anime lately..? They haven't introduced all the characters (besides name) history & background... < It is only the begininng of the series > In episode 003 they intro'd Lynette who is a shy, timid, light-hearted girl who of course like Miyafuji wants to protect everyone (note* I think just about every strike witches has lost someone/something that makes them want to protect or made them join /become a strike witch in the 1st place) ,but unlike Miyafuji she lacks the confidence to uphold her oath, so to speak... Well of course the two of them had that motivation speech & why they decided to join the Strike Witches talk... And was each other strength in the neuroi battle... I later found out that Lynette is a sharp-shooter & that she is supposed to posses a keen eyesight (somewhat like the Sakamoto) she still have things not told...

In episode 004 they intro'd Barkhorn who is the Flight Lieutenant that seems to be so quiet, laid back - to herself, all about her mission & duty girl... Well her story is her sister got hurt in a neuroi battle & she blames herself, so now she is obessed in a way to get rid of all the neuroi's... She thinks it is absurd to protect everyone < Miyafuji reminds her of what protecting everyone is about >

Perrine Clostermann holds rank as Flying Officer & is always obsessed with the Major Sakamoto & gives Miyafuji heck for her close relationship with the Major... Still don't know much about her, just know that she is the annoying character, but she has a little of my respect for realizing that Miyafuji isn't all that bad... ^_^

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Newbie Touko Ryogi is off to a good start Touko Ryogi's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, I'm going to state first that I have not seen this anime. But I have just a few questions about it that I haven't seen answers to.

Firstly; is there a point as to why this large cast of under aged looking girls wear no pants or even skirts? Are they just all pant-less for no reason at all other than to reel in the male viewers?

Second; the way that I've seen the eps described here kind of sounds reminiscent of the manga/anime Gunslinger Girls, to anyone who has seen both, do they share some similarity? I for one love the Gunslinger Girls manga and first season of the anime, so I'm open to other shows in the same vein.

Lastly; is this just straight up objectifying the girls with gratuitous amounts of fan service? I mean, I'm used to the fact that female fan service sells, but some shows just push it, and from screen shots I've seen, this looks like one, am I wrong?

Thanks to anyone who can provide some answers.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been watching this anime for quite some time now, streaming it from a site that i don't wanna mention because it might not go along with the rules. I'm not really watching this anime becuase i'm impressed....maybe because of the certain resemblance to an anime that quite entertained me back in the day. The show kinda looks like a raunchier version of Gate Keepers, more girls, more panty shots, and more guns. Not bad but not enough to impress me...

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Started this show, stopped watching the show almost immediately. It just has "You're a Lolicon" stamped all over it in obvious block letters. This is worse content-wise than that Sky Girls OVA, and that's really hard to believe.

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Obviously you didn't give it much of a chance. The Story is good enough to watch at least the first episode before making that harsh a judgment. You just might have changed your mind.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Newbie RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll admit I found the fact that the girls run around in their undies a bit odd at first, but show impressed me enough that I got beyond that fact. To me it's nothing more than fan service, which I'm cool with(and tend to enjoy.....) Miyafuji's appearent fondness for a certain body part in ep.5 was hilarious, as was the swimsuit that somehow stays on at mach1(was that a spoiler? oh well..)!!!

"I look forward to continued immaturity followed by death" - Dave Barry
    "There's no such thing as too much power, just too little traction" - Me
    "I love sleep. It's the one place I'm safe from life and all the saddness it brings."

Otaku rajendran is off to a good start
    Thanks

man i wish they'd have more cool fighting scenes with the neuroi... it was sooo attractive at ep 1 but then it turned out to be more girl-ish then i expected man... haizzz...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2