Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studio Ghibli films

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Studio Ghibli films

OK everyone knows studio ghibli and ive only seen three movies and i can tell you that there good.
    Spirited away was the best though out of tales from the earthsea and howls moving castle.

These are all great movies i loved spirited away the most though and i wanted to know what you think about studio ghibli and other ghibli
    films
    Last edited by kurapika; Jan 21, 2008 at 09:00 PM.

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Studio Ghibli films

I've seen a bunch of Studio Ghibli films, but I'm guessing only half of what's actually been made. I should find time to watch the DVDs I already have...

I have to say that Spirited Away is the Ghibli movie I love the most, and also my favorite film directed by Hayao Miyazaki... At the moment. Ghibli and Hayao's definitely made more than its share of memorable classics. What made me love it was its soundtrack, originality of plot, the sincerity of the whole thing, and of course, the animation. The use of computer-generated animation is in total balance with the traditional animation, and the movie just gave me a pleasant feeling the whole time I was watching it.

Personally, my favorite movie that wasn't directed by Hayao Miyazaki is Grave of the Fireflies. Same with everything as above, but then, this was so deep... It's just deep, and sobering, and memorable, but in the way you remember a memorial.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I have seen and own every studio ghibli released. The ghibli collection have some of the best movie ever. And no one can match the skill of Mizayaki. His movies are some of the best in the world like Spirited Away, Howl Moving Castle. Other movie I like are Grave of the Firefly and Whisper of the Heart.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

personally i love these films.

i also like how they can put their company's name in their movies. for instance, when Kiki nearly get plowed by the bus, the bus says "studio ghibli"
    Why hello there!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a huge Studio Ghibli fan! I haven't seen all thier films, but I'm trying to.

I don't know if I can say which one is "best" or "better" because, I like them all pretty evenly. They're each unique in thier own way. Each has a different story to tell and a moral to teach. If I HAD to pick a favorite, I'd say it's a tie between Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. Princess Mononoke (AKA: Mononoke Hime) was the first Studio Ghibli film I had ever seen, so I've got a soft spot for that movie. ^_^

Castle in the Sky was really good as well. It was pretty funny in a few parts, but I really liked the story and the art work. Howl's Moving Castle is the only film by Studio Ghibli that I seen in theatres. Most movies, I don't care about missing a couple of minutes to go use the bathroom. But THAT movie, it wasn't happening--and believe me, I felt like I was gonna explode.

But, in general, I like all of them (the one's I've seen) equally.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, I generaly love all the movies. but the tops on my list are Porco Rosso and Laputa...my wife likes Nausca and Howls moveing castle, Spirited away is a close thrid for both of us...
    Don't Panic

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Ghibli has always been a breathe of fresh air for me. Wonderful animation, whimsical stories with touching and human characters. Finally got around to watching Cat Returns recently

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    The use of computer-generated animation is in total balance with the traditional animation, and the movie just gave me a pleasant feeling the whole time I was watching it...
    Amen. Although Ghibli does utilize 3D, its hardly noticeable and works to enhance the 2D experience rather than bombard you with rigged puppets and awkward motion capture.

When I have kids I’ll probably start them on Ghibli instead of Disney/Pixar

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

They recently showed a whole heap of their movies SBS Down under. I managed to catch (forgive my spelling) "Nausicaa, Valley of the Wind", the first I know of to be shown, then "Howl's Moving Castle", "Laputa, Castle in the Sky", & a couple of others I can't remember the name of, but finishing with "Kiki's Delivery Service" then "Porko Rosso".

I must admit, I pretty much liked all the ones they showed, though "Kiki's Delivery Service" wasn't as good as the others. While they all had good stories, believable characters, nice toys (Wouldn't mind one of those "Nasicaa, Valley of the Wind" glider things), Kiki's seemed a bit much of a kiddies movie for me.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast