Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

Newbie Dragon Born is off to a good start Dragon Born's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

It all depends on the anime. If they dub it and it does not change the story line or culture, I am fine with it.

GRRR I hate that they did not stick with Shimigami in Bleach.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63373&dateline=120585  9741
    "How to draw a dragon: 'Cautiously approach the dragon, offer it a piece of candy or a little sister, and draw while it happily munches away.'" J. Neodragon Peffer

Vampire Prince Archery 2000 Champion kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, i prefer the dubbed versions because i get tired of reading the subtitles

Newbie voneyeding is off to a good start voneyeding's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi_sensei View Post
    Personally, i prefer the dubbed versions because i get tired of reading the subtitles
    This is another thing I have to agree is the annoying thing[THE ACT OF READING SUbTITLES]. All YOU HARDCORE SUBTITLE fans fail to realize(or don't admit), is that you cant read as fast as they blurb the text on the screen.You miss half of what anyone is talking about and then you will just assume you get it!Most will say the story is better, well Your so engrossed reading text flashing by that your not seeing and watching and enjoying the show! Or they might say its the original story aspect they want to keep intact. well, who is gonna keep rewinding to re-read the captions on the side when other conversation text was in the way...eh? I'm sorry but most FANSUBBERS are winging it at best! whether its the translation in itself or even just having trouble just stating what was actually stated out of laziness or being in a hurry to finish!
    VonEYEding

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voneyeding View Post
    This is another thing I have to agree is the annoying thing[THE ACT OF READING SUbTITLES]. All YOU HARDCORE SUBTITLE fans fail to realize(or don't admit), is that you cant read as fast as they blurb the text on the screen.You miss half of what anyone is talking about and then you will just assume you get it!Most will say the story is better, well Your so engrossed reading text flashing by that your not seeing and watching and enjoying the show! Or they might say its the original story aspect they want to keep intact. well, who is gonna keep rewinding to re-read the captions on the side when other conversation text was in the way...eh? I'm sorry but most FANSUBBERS are winging it at best! whether its the translation in itself or even just having trouble just stating what was actually stated out of laziness or being in a hurry to finish!
    Congratulation ,you just insulted 90% of non-japanese anime fans around the world ,not to mention you're wrong ,because of the subtitles i can speak the basics japanese now also the dubbers change a lot in the scenarios AND i now -thanks to the subtitles- most of the time don't even have to look at it since i can understand the conversation without doing so.
    P.S : I'm not assuming anything
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Vampire Prince Archery 2000 Champion kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei's Avatar
    Thanks

You said , pal! I miss half the action when reading the subs because I am a slow reader. But there are people that like anime with subs so they will have a different opinion on the subject. It's just a matter of preference

Newbie Dragon Born is off to a good start Dragon Born's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi_sensei View Post
    You said , pal! I miss half the action when reading the subs because I am a slow reader. But there are people that like anime with subs so they will have a different opinion on the subject. It's just a matter of preference
    Then both of you need to do something...LEARN TO READ FASTER. I had the same problem as you two but thanks to rewind and puasing I was able to read faster after a few episodes.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63373&dateline=120585  9741
    "How to draw a dragon: 'Cautiously approach the dragon, offer it a piece of candy or a little sister, and draw while it happily munches away.'" J. Neodragon Peffer

Newbie voneyeding is off to a good start voneyeding's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    Congratulation ,you just insulted 90% of non-japanese anime fans around the world ,not to mention you're wrong ,because of the subtitles i can speak the basics japanese now also the dubbers change a lot in the scenarios AND i now -thanks to the subtitles- most of the time don't even have to look at it since i can understand the conversation without doing so.
    P.S : I'm not assuming anything
    HEY MAN, I'm not trying to insult anyone! I'm just trying to wake some people up from this overriding devotion in deliberately watching subtitled anime becuase they THINK its the best way( based on the picky Otoku'ish opinion)!

Honestly, not everyone is like you(and want/need)to devote so much of their time and resources learning another language for the activity of watching better cartoons. It's simply not neccesary, and most are beating the heads against the wall with frustration just to support a popular viewpoint.

overall, it is a preference, like previous posts have brought out. But I have friends, here in California that entertains this absoluteness about subbtitled versions. I can tell they are just following the crowds with that outlook..they often surrender a lot of good anime as being "ok" becuase they did'nt see it in English and experience the full tempo and flare than you will not Get if listening to Japaneses voice acting! It just does'nt trigger the brain..and ultimately they miss out!
    VonEYEding

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks
    HEY MAN, I'm not trying to insult anyone! I'm just trying to wake some people up from this overriding devotion in deliberately watching subtitled anime becuase they THINK its the best way( based on the picky Otoku'ish opinion)!

Honestly, not everyone is like you(and want/need)to devote so much of their time and resources learning another language for the activity of watching better cartoons. It's simply not neccesary, and most are beating the heads against the wall with frustration just to support a popular viewpoint.

overall, it is a preference, like previous posts have brought out. But I have friends, here in California that entertains this absoluteness about subbtitled versions. I can tell they are just following the crowds with that outlook..they often surrender a lot of good anime as being "ok" becuase they did'nt see it in English and experience the full tempo and flare than you will not Get if listening to Japaneses voice acting! It just does'nt trigger the brain..and ultimately they miss out!
    I don't devote anything for learning japanese ,i just do learn it unintentionally ,and i know many many people like me plus someone who follows something because the crowd is saying so ain't even considered valuable as an opinion AND i completely enjoy the animes as double when subbed compared to dubbed because there are things that dubbers can never make right ,(i.e: -san ,-kun ,-chan) and many other things ,i know what i'm saying.
    Last edited by LichGRIFFIN; May 12, 2008 at 03:41 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast