Closed Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

Newbie FinalXepher is off to a good start FinalXepher's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

i am more of a subbed kind of person. i enjoy listening to the original voices and language. and as most people have said, sometimes the dubbed voice does not fit the character.

If this world is hell,
    then God is nicer than everyone thinks

Newbie deathangelvhei is off to a good start
    Thanks

subbed! it's more interesting and good to watch...

Newbie voneyeding is off to a good start voneyeding's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post

Yup ,you're right ,Trigun is one of the good examples of good dubbed animes ,i compared it with the original japanese thing and the dubbed version was way too better ,even in the song of Rem which they changed its words into english unlike other animes (with success that is).
    So! starting to reverse your outlook on the subject a little now,eh? Glad you come to realize there are some anime out there that actually is great in English and will never be as good watching stubbs, like say BLACK LAGOON cant possibly be the same if you watched it subbed. The madness is just stripped away from it! I tried both since up to ep 12 its not available in english on Netflix. I got a subbed version to attempt to finish, and no wayyyy can I continue like that!
    VonEYEding

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voneyeding View Post
    So! starting to reverse your outlook on the subject a little now,eh? Glad you come to realize there are some anime out there that actually is great in English and will never be as good watching stubbs, like say BLACK LAGOON cant possibly be the same if you watched it subbed. The madness is just stripped away from it! I tried both since up to ep 12 its not available in english on Netflix. I got a subbed version to attempt to finish, and no wayyyy can I continue like that!
    I didn't say that's totally not good and also it has the good sides and the bad sides ,i suppose that applies to everything in life that is.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

I switch back and forth between subbed and dubbed it just depends on do I feel like
    reading subtitles but the japanese version always sounds beter.

Newbie Lanaura is off to a good start Lanaura's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheZorch View Post
    Its a question as easy as "do you want paper or plastic?" Some otaku prefer subtitled anime in its original Japanese dialogue with English subtitles. Others like English Dubbed anime better. Of course, not all dubs are created equal and sometime sitting through one of those shows is an exercise in audio torture. So which do you prefer subbed or dubbed?

As for me, I sometimes prefer the subtitled versions of an anime but I'll also watch the dub ... unless it is really awful, then I switch back to the original Japanese track with English subtitles.

--TheZorch
    Yeah, so do I but for me sometimes it's easier to find it subbed than dubbed. But sometimes I don't like subbed anime cuz I'm to busy reading the subtitles that I end of missing something.
    If people are going to treat you like a little kid might as well act like one and throw the tv out the hotel window.

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

That has happened to me a couple times or I'll be watching a anime with someone
    and its on subtitles and that person asks me what does that say, I say what was said and in the process missed a very important scene and then we have to go back.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haruko Haruhara View Post
    That has happened to me a couple times or I'll be watching a anime with someone
    and its on subtitles and that person asks me what does that say, I say what was said and in the process missed a very important scene and then we have to go back.
    But that ain't related that much to "who's fault for being subbed?" lol ,but anyways once you get used to it you won't have any problems and also once you get used to it you'll be learning Japanese eventually without even knowing it.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast