Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

Newbie taro is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

when i first watch an anime and i get really into it, i like to have the subtitles. that way i could get the "full" experience. i like to hear all the sounds the way the animators intended. however, if i'm watching an anime a second time around or more, i usually watch the dubbed version, but that's only because i tend to do things while i'm watching, like painting my nails or doing my homework etc.

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

I like both dubs and subs it's fun for me to listen to both dubs and hear all the voice overs both in English and Japanese.-^_^-b

Newbie diamond is off to a good start
    Thanks

of course it is subbed! i find that sometime when it is dubbed the meaning change cause they are unable to fit the original meaning in. and for subbed version you can get to learn japanese at the same time!

Newbie silvie is off to a good start
    Thanks

I prefer subbed.

I'm also on the way to learning some Japanese, what better way is there than to get it spoken and done casually? Sides, like others have said, the original voice acting sounds better most of the time. Dubs here from where I live sucks. >_<

Newbie Trigger12 is off to a good start Trigger12's Avatar
    Thanks

I most absolutely prefer Subbed anime's. It keeps the anime in its true char and to me it seems more dramatic in japanese than in english. I watch some of the animes that come to america and turn into dubbed versions, and i say "bleh.... that's not an anime." So for me definitely subbed animes..

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger12 View Post
    I most absolutely prefer Subbed anime's. It keeps the anime in its true char and to me it seems more dramatic in japanese than in english. I watch some of the animes that come to america and turn into dubbed versions, and i say "bleh.... that's not an anime." So for me definitely subbed animes..
    Yeah you got that right i have to agree with this now if i learned japanease(forgive me i miss spelled it) so that way i whont need sub tittles. The jap versions always have the best stuff in it comparied to english which is so highly editited that when u see the jap version you cant help but feel ripped :S
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer subbed b\c its the orginal and the dialoge isn't change in the show
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newbie voneyeding is off to a good start voneyeding's Avatar
    Thanks

there is the subtitled vs. dubbed issue, seriously, your an american "right,,rrr"right" well I often hear people complain about bad dubs, but how mutch do you really retain by trying to follow subtitles blurbing by before your able to read it or really get the sense of whats really going on? Japanese humor, drama, ironies are on a completely different plain/train of thought. If you sit through 26 eps of subtitles, then get repulsed at the english voices later, It's becuase you've experienced the "book was better than the movie" effect! If watched in dubbed version first you wouldn't know the difference!
    I find fansubbs to take the "wit" out of the mood and expression conveyed as to how much fun you actually get out of it. I know there is bad dubs , but I'd rather sit through that and look at and enjoy what I'm watching, rather than be a stubborn " better story in fan subs" crybaby! It ain't no different. they use different wording that say the same thing most of the time. So, that being said, I advise waiting till something is released in english before watching it. then you'll love it for what it is "americanized"
    VonEYEding

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast