Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Numb3r 1 Otaku View Post
    I likes Subs. If you follow them well enough, you can learn a little bit of Japanese. Thats how Ive been learning.(You can call me weird, I wont mind)
    same here not to mention i sometimes know what they say in jap (basics) and know it better than subs underneath .. i mean like there was this time in Darker than Black where Kirihara says "Wakata" it means originally "I know that=it" BUT the subber translated it "Thank You"!! maybe because he/she saw it fitter?! i don't know but there's sure difference between "Arigatou" and "Wakata"!...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LichGRIFFIN For This Useful Post:

gaarasandkiller1 (Feb 26, 2008)

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    same here not to mention i sometimes know what they say in jap (basics) and know it better than subs underneath .. i mean like there was this time in Darker than Black where Kirihara says "Wakata" it means originally "I know that=it" BUT the subber translated it "Thank You"!! maybe because he/she saw it fitter?! i don't know but there's sure difference between "Arigatou" and "Wakata"!...
    my hat is off to you because i thought i was the onlyone who noticed that in darker then black and i could quite put my finger on what wakata realy ment so i ty^_^ it seems to be why dubed anime is sleeping these days:s
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll go either way. If it's in English, I'll usually watch it unless it's terribbly bad. I'm very "forgiving" to most voices though so it's usually staying at dubbed.
    However there is the times when there's no English Dub. That's just about the only time I'll listen to subbed.
    Honestly I like the original japanese voices better, but hearing it in my primary language makes it so much better on both me and my family.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

In my case it truly depends on the anime itself, for instance i will watch any anime dubbed or subbed, but i prefer these animes dubbed
    Bleach
    Cowboy Bebop
    and FMA

but then again, thats just me.
    Last edited by NeoDeath90; Feb 28, 2008 at 07:07 AM. Reason: I didnt specify subbed or dubbed on my list
    Why hello there!

Newbie Shenn is off to a good start Shenn's Avatar
    Thanks

dubbed cause i dont have time to read that **** at the bottem id rather just be able to watch no brain activity needed
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Feb 27, 2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: watch your language please

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    In my case it truly depends on the anime itself, for instance i will watch any anime dubbed or subbed, but i prefer...
    Bleach
    Cowboy Bebop
    and FMA

but then again, thats just me.
    well well i woudn't say its just you i happen to think the same thing just add naruto in the mix to lol. i gues certain animes are just as good in both sub and dubed so not all of is bad in either one your right on that^_^
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Newbie Lessis may be famous one day Lessis may be famous one day Lessis's Avatar
    Thanks

subbed, of course. I didn't found a good dubbed version of any anime I ever watched. Sometimes the dubbed aren't bad, but most of them make me cry. And japanese language is so beatufilul.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Like I'd "Perfer" Subbed because its more than likey not cut up or edited for age apropriate crap like Naruto or One Piece is but then again if the dub is great and the voices actually fit like FMA, Bleach & Elfen Lied then I'd watch that too lol I actually pefer all those Anime's from the Subs
    Last edited by Jokerman; Mar 26, 2008 at 06:12 AM.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast