Closed Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Subbed or Dubbed: Which Do You Prefer?

For me it depends on the anime...

I do prefer subbed... Some anime just really needs to be in it's original form...
    I can't stand Bleach in English... The voices are just not right for me. >.>;;

There are a few rare animes that have good dubs... Bebop being one that I can watch in English or Japanese.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Always subbed without a doubt. I have yet to find an anime exceptional, after wathcing it dubbed. It appears as though the movies and shows just lose a bit of quality when that happens.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

The part about dubbing that really gets me is when an anime is set in feudal Japan ... Or even modern Japan... Why are they speaking English? >.<;;
    Or everything sounds very, very American, put they still keep chan,sama, etc.... Seems a bit silly!! lol

I was watching Outlaw Star earlier... And it didn't sound all that bad in English~ ^_^

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I pick both?

Subbed are good. Especially when it's in its original Japanese language and because some animes are way better when not dubbed. But, the only problem with subbed animes is that we don't get to watch it clearly since we're multi-tasking. Reading while watching? Isn't that too hard?

Dubbed are good too. Here in the Philippines, we have a channel for animes. And some of the filipinos here prefer hearing and speaking in tagalog so the animes we watch here are all dubbed. And I tell you this, its quite good. And you don't have to read subtitles and stuff. No distractions.

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

I prefer dubbed because then if i have to do something all i have to do is turn up the volume and i can at least still know what they're saying but i can tell why somepeople like subbed. You can learn how to speak another language like that and it can be pretty cool.
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

I think I prefer them dubbed, because if I'm reading the subtitles I'm not watching the anime as much and I think I miss some important things. Plus I don't speak Japanese so I can't really connect to the characters when they speak it, although it's true that the language is beautiful. I only know hello, thank you and I'm sorry in japanese, which doesn't tell me much.

Although when the voices sound super stupid and make the character stupid, I confess being tempted to hit the 'subtitles' and 'mute' buttons lol.
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, as long as i get to watch anime i don't truly care wheather it is subbed or dubbed. I would enjoy watching it eather way.
    In my opinion i prefer dubbed because it is in english, it is easyer to understand, and watch what is happening in the clip. Also subbed is alright but the subtitles can go by pritty fast. If you are not paying alot of attention to them that is.I find that i could multitask and read and watch the video at the same time but i would rather not if i had a choice.
    In addition I watch animie for the combined experience of the story line, sounds and voices and coloured moveing characters. If i wanted to read i would probably just buy a manga.

Otaku Shermanator may be famous one day Shermanator may be famous one day
    Thanks

I actually prefer subbed i mean it just sounds so much better in japanese and i like to read so its a win win situation, there are a few that sound ok dubbed- cowboy bebop, rurouni kenshin, gundam wing...thats all im willing to think of right now = P

In every world, the God’s always make the rules. You will fall before my fake rules, and for the sin of going against the new world’s God, die.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast