Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suggest an Anime!!

Banned Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suggest an Anime!!

Try GunGrave. It's more of a serious type... It's like mafia mixed with Sci-Fi (Not the lame kind.) Hope you like it!

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're trying to keep with your shoujo theme, maybe you could try some of these (though some of them arent all shoujo):

Anime & Manga
    -Hana Yori Dango (Boys over Flowers) - Tsukushi Makino goes to a very expensive school filled with rich kids and submissive teachers - And it's practically ruled by a notoriously handsome group of four handsome guys, who go by the name of the F4 (Flower Four...^^ She gets in a bad run with the leader, Tsukasa, and her quiet life turns a 180 when she is red-carded and the whole school turns against her. But she's no wimp, so she declares war on the F4, while secretly falling for the quiet one... The art style may take some time to get use to, but it's a really good story and has alot of funny moments ^_^ (the live action is even funnier).
    -Kare Kano - Yukino Miyazawa is smart, pretty and nice -- or so it seems to her classmates at school. At home she reveals her true self is stubborn and a slob ^_^ Then suddenly Soichiro Arima appears, matching her kindness and intelligence and feeling threatened she declares war on him! But that sort of fails, and they fall in love instead ^^; The anime is short compared to the manga - which goes on until they're way out of high school, but it's still a funny and sweet story.
    -Sailor Moon - A classic about Usagi Tsukino (Serena) who saves a talking cat from some boys messing with it, and it turns around tells her she's a reborned Sailor Soldier who has to find and protect the Moon Princess from several forms of evil. It spans 5 seasons, where Usagi eventually meets up with 8 other fellow soldiers, 2 more talking cats, the love of her life, her future daughter, and the Moon Princess herself ^_~ The anime does things a little differently from the manga, but I like it that way. Good if you like a loong series (200 eps) and several funny episodes.
    -Peach Girl - Because Momo Adachi tans as easy as you can count to ten, her classmates stereotypical think of her as a Ganguro girl. And what's worse, her best friend Sae is a 'sweet, small' girl on the outside, but a sneaky, conniving wench on the inside who takes advantage of Momo at the drop of a hat. So when Momo slips that she likes a fellow classmate named Toji, Sae immediately sets her sights on him too. Due to interesting events, Momo eventually meets Kairi, the handsome playboy, who sets his sights on her. More drama-filled than the other ones, but it can be funny at times. (Don't be surprised if Sae becomes one of your most hated anime/manga characters though )
    -Kodocha - Sana Kurata, happy 6th grader and child star, is sick and tired of Akito Hayama leading the boys in terrorizing the class, so she declares war on him (another one!). After duking it out, they come to a consensus - but then even more events (Sana's past, Akito's past, Sana's Gigolo, Sana getting into movies etc) come up and keeps them busy - and Sana and Akito eventually begin to have feelings for each other... but Akito's too stubborn and Sana is totally clueles ^_^ Lots of funny moments, and is overall very sweet.
    -Inuyasha - coming soon (cs)

Manga Only
    -Girl Got Game (cs)

Anime Only
    -Petite Princess Yucie (cs)

I've taken Mars off that list because it's very drama-filled and it just doesn't have a light or happy feel to it (but then, it has some serious topics like suicide, rape, and depression, so it's amazing it wasn't as depressing as it could've been). I also took off Swan and Kare First Love because they're more drama than anything else as well.
    Last edited by Lil_G135; Jun 13, 2006 at 02:34 PM.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

You could try:
    ~Mai-HiME
    ~Mai-Otome
    ~Tsubasa Chronicles
    ~The Prince of Tennis
    ~DN Angel
    ~Peach Girl

Newbie dien04 may be famous one day dien04 may be famous one day dien04's Avatar
    Thanks

try these:

looking for hot guys and a bit of action/comedy?
    ~ Tennis no Ohjisama (Prince of Tennis)
    ~ Slam Dunk
    ~ Gensoumaden Saiyuki
    ~ Weiss Kreuz

looking for pretty girls and comedy?
    ~ Love Hina (i don't like it that much but it's fine)

my personal faves:
    ~ Rurouni Kenshin
    ~ Fruits Basket
    ~ GetBackers
    ~ InuYasha
    ~ Full Metal Panic!
    "We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
    So Nostalgic

Newbie Shia may be famous one day Shia may be famous one day Shia's Avatar
    Thanks

Chrono Crusade
    Pita Ten
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Lady*Anubis/LadyAnubis2/Remember.jpg[/IMG]

Newbie peachsncream may be famous one day peachsncream may be famous one day peachsncream's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Are you looking for comedy or more serious stuff?
    umm...i basically like anything dats along the lines of a comedy/romance that's not over dramatic or xtremely violent!!!
    Last edited by peachsncream; Jun 12, 2006 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Otaku karinka may be famous one day karinka may be famous one day karinka's Avatar
    Thanks

Here are some that I've seen that are good:
    -DearS
    -Orphan
    -Steel Angel Kurumi
    -Stellvia
    -Dragon Drive

Newbie peachsncream may be famous one day peachsncream may be famous one day peachsncream's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IxarStark
    well if you liked Fushigi Yugi you could try Ceres Celestial Legend since it's made by the same person...
    i just finished Ceres Celestial Legend and its pretty good...even though it gets pretty violent and bloody in some parts!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast