+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T.V. Shows as an Anime

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: T.V. Shows as an Anime

I think it would be cool to see something like Farscape or Andromeda go anime. The story lines are in-depth enough and the characters are diverse enough.
    As for anime made into live action: 1) a really good movie of Gundam, possibly using wing or the original series, 2) I think it's already in the works, but Robotech, 3) Martian Successor Nadesico would be an interesting movie due to the wishy washy hero and cornball group, it would almost have to be a comedy
    Last edited by gamemaster331; May 03, 2008 at 05:28 AM.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    I know what you are saying, but most anime are shown everywhere and even one has been created in France "code lyoko" but the most popular series/movie are seen worldwide and in different languages.

MOST is definitely not the word for it, the western part of the world is getting much less anime...to some westerners it may look a lot but it's really a helluva lot less than what the east is getting. However the east(by east i mean far east) isn't really into shows like Buffy and other western titles out there, some love it but some just don't care. There are a few well-received ones here and there, like Heroes and Highlander tho....So if something like Buffy or Xena becomes adapted into anime, i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up successful but i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as a total flop either.

If western shows doesn't really tickle the eastern taste that much, the same can be said for anime and the west.

A american program could be translated in japanese context and keep most of the original context from the original tv show
    It is a possibility but i don't think that Japan would Japanize something that is considered a B-show in Japan(or even Asia).

the thing that usually change is most probably the name and some of the storyline for that show
    True, that's always the most likely thing to happen either way. Lots of Japanese titles have already been Americanized and vice versa, and what you've just said happens most of the time...think of GoLion and Dairugger XV which was westernized as Voltron(lions and Vehicles), both ended up having drastic makeovers...Same can be said for Japanized shows, think Spiderman, think Powerpuff Girls Z, and so on.

Another thing, if a western show becomes easternized(and vice-versa) do you think that it will appeal to the fans of its original region, and to the core fans of the original version? Looking back at history, i don't think so...Think Power Rangers(in its entirety), yes it did appeal to the west but eastern and hardcore fans of the Sentai(the kind of show from which PR was taken) were angry coz they thought the west destroyed it. The same can be said for Spiderman, the west and the comic fans thought it desecrated an icon. Look at the Asian horror flicks, they did american versions and the asians had negative reactions. Think Godzilla, Kamen Rider RX(americanized as Masked rider), etc., yadda yadda.

It's okay for a person to wish for an American show to have an Anime spinoff but when it comes to fruition i wouldn't be surprized if that person ends up in disappointment boulevard. Localization is one BIG obstacle....

American cartoon-Anime, Movie-Movie, Cartoon and Comic-Tokusatsu, Western Show-Anime, so on and so forth....It always comes packaged with gazillion tons of negativity.
    Last edited by Hantei16; May 03, 2008 at 02:17 AM.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    MOST is definitely not the word for it, the western part of the world is getting much less anime...to some westerners it may look a lot but it's really a helluva lot less than what the east is getting. However the east(by east i mean far east) isn't really into shows like Buffy and other western titles out there, some love it but some just don't care. There are a few well-received ones here and there, like Heroes and Highlander tho....So if something like Buffy or Xena becomes adapted into anime, i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up successful but i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as a total flop either.

If western shows doesn't really tickle the eastern taste that much, the same can be said for anime and the west.

It is a possibility but i don't think that Japan would Japanize something that is considered a B-show in Japan(or even Asia).

True, that's always the most likely thing to happen either way. Lots of Japanese titles have already been Americanized and vice versa, and what you've just said happens most of the time...think of GoLion and Dairugger XV which was westernized as Voltron(lions and Vehicles), both ended up having drastic makeovers...Same can be said for Japanized shows, think Spiderman, think Powerpuff Girls Z, and so on.

Another thing, if a western show becomes easternized(and vice-versa) do you think that it will appeal to the fans of its original region, and to the core fans of the original version? Looking back at history, i don't think so...Think Power Rangers(in its entirety), yes it did appeal to the west but eastern and hardcore fans of the Sentai(the kind of show from which PR was taken) were angry coz they thought the west destroyed it. The same can be said for Spiderman, the west and the comic fans thought it desecrated an icon. Look at the Asian horror flicks, they did american versions and the asians had negative reactions. Think Godzilla, Kamen Rider RX(americanized as Masked rider), etc., yadda yadda.

It's okay for a person to wish for an American show to have an Anime spinoff but when it comes to fruition i wouldn't be surprized if that person ends up in disappointment boulevard. Localization is one BIG obstacle....

American cartoon-Anime, Movie-Movie, Cartoon and Comic-Tokusatsu, Western Show-Anime, so on and so forth....It always comes packaged with gazillion tons of negativity.
    True, one person who like the jap version of an anime may hate the american version of that show or the other way around. Like me, This is what i hate about the americans when they dubbed a jap anime, There may be some screen shot been cut or an unaired show that was an importand episode in the seires, it would be good to keep the original storyline and every episode and only dubbed the voices for the character and the name for that character, others may like both version of that particular anime. but everyone have a different view on that one anime and wheather they like both the jap or american version
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Great Teacher Onizuka i love that show what has the been in LenMitya .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2