+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is Teen Titans really an anime?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is Teen Titans really an anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Taelana View Post
    That's true. Is it that the Japanese culture is not as strict and the USA is more strict than they want people to believe? It might also be that we have so many races and cultures in the US that the gov't is always trying not to offend one or the other. Japan pretty much shares the same culture right? I dont know too much about Japan so I dont know if each city or little town has a deviated culture of its own based on lore/history of that town. But I think they share pretty much the same handed down culture, which means they grew up on the stuff so they're used to anime the way it is. They dont have a gov't official goin on national tv saying, "we've offended the Mormons or Muslims or Catholics so they'll be no more religious talk in cartoons" and not just religions but races. Though in that case nobody should EVER watch Adult Swim becuz shows like Family Guy and Boondocks insult everybody and dont really care that they do heh.

Oh and back to TT...I just remembered that their theme song is in Japanese. That group Puffy Ami Yumi sings it. Why is that? Another attempt to confuse you into thinking it's anime? After all, most, if any, american cartoons dont have a soundtrack. You dont usually go around humming the theme to Ben 10...well I do, but most people dont, whereas they make soundtracks from the anime. Do you know how many times I've been caught singing Sayonara Solitia (which is weird becuz other than hello, goodbye, yes, no, excuse me and I'm sorry, I dont know any Japanese)??? It's sad but true. lol. I'm sure if they had Paula Deanda, Brandy, or Aly and AJ collaberate for the soundtrack of Kim Possible we could have our own Pop Idol version of anime soundtracks too lol.
    i think it's just how irony works...back then american animations insipred the creation anime but now it's anime that inspired amercan animations. the problem is that the fcc is taking too seriously that ironically making the quality worst...sad thing though it's going to be that way.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Newbie draco3162003 may be famous one day draco3162003 may be famous one day draco3162003's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah its anime its american anime not imported like some others imapots but i like all anime

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    I think it couldn't be an anime, it's an american movie, at least wikipedia said so... The plot also is not like the stories in animes... Too simple... But i could be wrong...
    i find myself agreeing with you. indeed, it has now become more and more stupid, with more random titans showing up.

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

NEGATIVE!! Even though Teen Titan has adopted anime-styled mannerisms and has Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi singing the theme song - its totally NOT anime. Its mostly due to the fact people are starting to realize (especially animation artists) that the anime-fans are becoming massive and american-styled cartoons aren't necessarily as popular (this is my opinion of course, since I do still watch american cartoons).

Anime (as defined by answers.com): "A style of animation developed in Japan, characterized by stylized colorful art and often adult themes."
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Teen Titans is a cartoon made in America, based from an American comic book series. There's nothing Japanese about it, except the fact that the art the animators use is influenced by anime.

Anime is strictly Japanese, for the most part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5