TEKKONKINKREET 鉄コン筋クリート Tekkon Kinkurīto
Tekkon Kinkreet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tekkonkinkreet - Official Site

Manga: VIZ Media . products

I was going to do an all out review for this film and contribute to the review section…..but I’m lazy :P

If you haven’t figured it out from my linkfest I love this film and once I get a hold of the manga I’ll probably finish in one sitting.

Based on the seinen manga of the same name. I very much like the unique style of this film, it’s got a very Kakurenbo, Jet Set Radio feel to it. It might not appeal to a super wide anime audience but I thought it was superfantastic. The stunning saturated colors and detail, the seamless integration of 2D and 3D animation (I’m convinced that they fully modeled the whole town). Not to mention the unlikely and endearing main characters Black: Kuro and White: Shiro even the second tier anti-hero characters got to me. The internal conflict of Black alone sets off the emotional feel of this movie and it takes you through a surreal little journey. I personally see a lot of depth to this movie that I’ll be exploring on my second viewing. Not a total mind bender but not superficial either.

I’d like to know if anyone else has seen it and if so what are your thoughts? Did the sketchy animation delight your senses? Did you grow attached to any of the characters? Who is this white dude thinking he can direct an anime?

Don’t be afraid to bash my opinion or the flick, my girlfriend hated it and according to my friend I need to grow up