+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

There are certain anime series that I watch and think to myself, "Why am I just now finding out about this???" That's how I feel about Gurren Lagann.

I stumbled upon it on Hulu and I've been aware of its existence for a while now, I just hadn't watched it until that fateful day. I LOVE IT!! I've already watched most of it and I'm eager to finish it. It's pretty awesome. I like the story, the "Gunmen" battles and the characters that pilot them are pretty cool too. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this series.

My favorite character is Kamina.
     click to show spoiler
    He's so cocky and yet cool at the same time. I think the main reason I like him so much is because he always had a way of pep talking Simon and getting him to believe in himself. Were it not for Kamina, I don't think they'd ever have left their village.

For those who've seen this series: Who's your favorite character? What's your favorite episode? Anything you wish that could've been changed about the series?

"Just who the hell do you think I am?!" ~Kamina

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Gurren Lagann' took a 'Notable' TV series award at the 2008 Tokyo International Anime Fair, which ranks it as one of the best Anime series among its peers. It also took an award of 'Excellence' at the 2007 Japan Media Arts Festival (which is sponsored by the Japan Ministry of Arts & Culture) placing it among a very limited number of Anime series that have accomplished this feat and ranking it among the best Anime to come out in the past decade...

'Gurren Lagann' is the GAINAX Studio homage to the traditional 'Giant Robot Saga', and is best described as an 'Over the Top' action adventure series. Just when you've seen a scene that you think that they can't top, they easily top themselves in one of the following episodes. The Movies are also Excellent, presenting a synopsis of the events of the TV series...

(And my favorite character is 'Nia', who continues the tradition of the quiet blue-haired Anime girl who turns out to be much more then she first appears...)

Gurren Lagann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Gurren Lagann
    GURREN LAGANN THE MOVIE - Childhood's End - - The Lights in the Sky are Stars - ON DVD!
    Manga.com - Gurren Lagann
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Jan 24, 2011)

Newbie LaVache is off to a good start LaVache's Avatar
    Thanks

Gurren Lagann is one of those series that I sit down and power watch every once in a while when I need a big old fat dose of awesome! I first met up with this great series at Anime Punch a couple years ago in one of the video rooms. Everyone loved it so much that one of the Convention Staffers helped us secure the room from outside invaders so we could marathon the show. I think we got over half way through before before the mongol hordes broke through our defenses :-)

I think that old Simone was my favorite character, especially at the very very end of the show when the kid comes up to him. He really came a long way throughout the series.

You might want to check out the Kamina will make a man out of you AMV since you liked his character so much. YouTube - Kamina will make a man out of you!!! Credit RaaDude!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LaVache For This Useful Post:

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

@LenMiyata: I had no idea that it 'Gurren Lagann' was such an accomplished series. I just happened to bump in to it, said "My bad," and was told, "It's okay, Sprout. Here, have some of my greatness."

Seriously though, knowing that means it was an awesome find and having watched it, I can safely say it's worth re-watching quite a few times. I haven't seen the movies yet but plan on viewing them sometime soon.

I liked Nia a lot as well. I totally didn't expect her role in the series to be so significant.

@LaVache: I power watched the last half of the series last night. Holy AWESOME! The last battle was pretty sweet. I wasn't really too happy with how the series ended (Kinda depressing for my tastes) but, it was still a pretty okay ending. I just expected things to turn out differently.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

This series has been on my Netflix queue for a little over a month now, and I haven't watched a single ep. This thread is enough to get me started...but I'll go ahead and finish part 4 of Soul Eater first...can't stop watching it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mega For This Useful Post:

Newbie Mechazombie is off to a good start Mechazombie's Avatar
    Thanks

I just finished watching it for the second time i would have to say that my personal Favorite Caracters is either Viral in the Second Half, Kittan, or Boota they may not be main characters but in thier own way they make it much better
    Even when trapped by karma's cycle, The dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the Universe stands in our way, Our seething blood will determine what will be! We will break through Time and Space! And defy all who would stop us to grab hold of our path!

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright, now I've actually watched the series, and yeah it was highly enjoyable. By the end of things my favorite character was Simon, but I throughly disliked him for the majority of the series. I can only really give Kanima honorable mention, which by default makes my other favorites Viral, Yoko and Kittan in that order. If I could have changed one thing
     click to show spoiler

+ Reply to Thread