+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there Chinese anime or just Japanese?

Banned DMKTENN is off to a good start
    Thanks

Wink Is there Chinese anime or just Japanese?

cus china does maake animated films so is there chinese anime im new and so dont hurt me im just asking

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is there chinese aniem or just japanese

Grumble Grumble Grumble

By popular definition, 'Anime' refers to animation written and targeted for a Japanese audience. No doubt animation originating in China does exist, but by definition, it wouldn't be called 'Anime'...

Anime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is there chinese aniem or just japanese

The chinese have not created really good animation that people find worthy of exporting. But I have ranted more than once to explore and remind all that someone who only likes anime and manga is as close-minded as some one that only loves american animation and comic books.

Banned DMKTENN is off to a good start
    Thanks
    yeh but chian makes everythign they might make aniem we just dont know it

we all dont know if chian makes anime but they do look up animated films and it tells you anime there so the do make aniem china does right did nt chinese invent anime cus they make everythgn we buy nowadys so chinese made naime is this it
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Dec 30, 2009 at 09:50 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is there Chinese anime or just Japanese?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Duplicate subject, merging threads...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie D4RK Joker is off to a good start D4RK Joker's Avatar
    Thanks

anime from china don't be silly if you go to china for entertanment expect gung-fu so pick me up some if you go

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Work, by its very definition, is done by an individual or group. This group can be a mixture of people from one country, or a single individual from a single country, or a group of halfcasted individuals whos parents came from two different countries, or a single halfcasted person whos parents came from two different countries.

Production and publicising and distribution is then done by dozens of other people. All of those people may be from different places too. The factory that makes a certain manga, heck, might be in Switzerland or something. Does that mean it originates from Japan, Switzerland, or from the authors home country? The entire thing is utterly relative and silly to debate, because its impossible to get a fully correct answer in the huge amount of cases, and people simply have different views.

In the end, each individual anime and manga, graphic novel and book, audiobook and music cd was done by one of these types of aforementioned routes. We can all look at the very upfront and widely agreed Wikipedia example of what "anime" means, but in the end of it, tracing where an original work comes from is tracing where that individual author comes from. Heck, various cel's in an anime can be written by various individuals from various countries.

What I believe you mean, is something along the lines of "Does work only originate from Japan in anime form, or does it come from elsewhere too?"

First off, this depends on your definition of manga. If you follow the basic stanza of what anime is, then go with this. I however, do not. I even believe anime and more westernized styles are indeterminate - some are simply more recognizable than others. If I threw some of Bryan Lee O'Malley's work at you, many of you wouldnt know what to say in context. Oh, you'd say its western because the *authors* western, but if it was written with a japanese authors name, you'd say its manga. Get what I'm saying?

If I showed you artwork from Ben Dunn, you'd immediately cry "MANGA!", but likewise, it was done by a western artist. That makes it western, at least to me. It originates wherever Ben Dunn originated from. FYI; much of Ben Dunn's art is carbon copy inspiration from his days as an aspiring 'Marvel' artist, despite doing manga. Just sayin'. If someone called my work manga, and then said my style originated from Japan, I'd say their being highly judgemental, considering one of my personal inspirations was The Moomins as a child, which I believe, actually came from Poland. Interesting, no?

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Otaku Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy's Avatar
    Thanks

I know of two.
    Bad Luck Bear and Tonkoku (Japanese title for this anime) both are very funny.
    shadows what are they.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast