Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top 3 love animes!!!

Newbie Taikaw is off to a good start
    Thanks

Top 3 love animes!!!

I love anime. And right now I have a relentless, boiling urge to watch a love related anime.
    So I decided to put a top 3 love related anime list with 2 categories; love comedy, and pure love animes...
    (I'll Put the reasons on this time!!! SorrY!)
    So my ranking goes...
    Love Comedy
    1. Lovely Complex(Because it was very funny as well as being quite thick in the love related area, something you don't get too much of.)
    2. School Rumble(Hilarious! I love Noto Mamiko! Would have been ranked number 1 but the ending was kinda weird, and rather than making a 3rd season, they decided that you have to buy the manga to just watch the last 2 episodes of the "3rd season" )
    3. Zero no Tsukaima(This is an easy one... All hail Tsunderes!!! )

Pure love
    1. Clannad/ Clannad After Story(Not completely about a love between a girl and boy, which is what I love about it. Not too fond of Key Visual Novel stuff, but this seemed the best out of the 3 that has been animated.)
    2. ef- a tale of memories/melodies(Very aesthetically pleasing, something you would expect from an anime from Shaft. Also, pretty emotional.)
    3. true tears (Just your typical love anime. Something I was watching when I was depressed, which kinda bumped it up to 3rd place.)

let me add another category...
    Love animes I'm not too fond of
    1. akaneiro ni somaru saka(Good voice actors including Kugimiya Rie, but the story was like; WTF mate?)
    2. Rosario and Vampire(Absolutely no story, too much "Pannchira", just ain't my taste. )
    3. 11 eyes (was that a love anime? Didn't really watch till the end... Anyways, bad animation, and the story seemed sorta bland.)

So this ranking is basically what I think...
    I've seen so many love animes, but I think these are some of the best...
    There are some other ones that I was thinking of, like Myself;Yourself, Kimi ga nozomu eien, School Days, DC series, Kimi Kiss, etc. , and most of them were good, but this is my thinking...for now
    With more love animes coming out, (Kimi ni Todoke, etc.) it will probably change soon...

So, what is YOUR ranking for these categories?! (Include reasons)

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Top 3 love animes!!!

I have only seen one anime that could be called a love anime, and that is inuyasha. I liked it, but no matter what, I can't like it as much as the girls do. They see something in it I don't. They just go crazy.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

good question but tought call, could I post more then three animes?

Newbie ShadowJackal is off to a good start ShadowJackal's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I LOVE anime and is pretty much crazy about it. My top 3 animes would be:
    !. Mushishi. I love this anime so much because, it's a classic. Sad, lovely and beautiful. And each story has a different plot line all connected by these things called mushi, and the main character Ginko, who wanders around and helps cure people with problems caused by the mushi, I REALLY recommend it. Also the music is very pretty, and the manga has actually won the"Kodansha manga of the year award."
    2. Naruto. Naruto has pretty been the only thing on my mind as of late because it's funny, suspenseful and a lot of fun to watch. I'm currently watching episode 52 (I think) and waiting for volume 47 to come out (squee!! <3) I used to not like Naruto because I saw the uncensored version I think, so I decided I didn't like it because there was so much blood, gore, swearing ect. but I gave the manga a chance couple years later and I loved it. What I didn't realize was that are two Naruto series the original unncensored version and the censored version (which personally I think is much better because I don't like violent things like that... well... not too violent... ;D)
    3. And lastely I love "Devil May Cry". I know it's really violent, but my friend made me watch the episodes and now I'm hooked. I'm not sure what's drawing me, but they're ecxellent. I mean, sure it reall is violent, but there is so much blood, it's hard to be scared of any of it.
    So these are my top 3 animes. ^_^ Wow this was long -.-'

Newbie Skizzit is off to a good start Skizzit's Avatar
    Thanks

That wasn't really the question ShadowJackal. He asked what are your three favorite "love" animes, as is romance stories.

As for me, my top would be, in no particular order. (giving more then 3 cause I am not breaking them into catagories):
    Toradora! ~ I am a sucker for Rie Kugimiya's tsundere rolls and Taiga is my favorite (with Nagi and Louise close behind) plus it is just a great story all around. All of the main cast are very well written and show serious growth as the show goes on. It is also one of those rare romance animes that has a real conclusion.
    Lovely Complex ~ A very unique romance anime. I have yet to find any other series that is anything like it. It somehow feels more real then most other romance anime as well. You just cannot help but root for the two main characters.
    Clannad / After Story ~ I am not usually one for tear jerker stoies, but this one was just so well done that I really liked it. It is so much more then a romance story, it is a story of true love and lost and struggles of live and of family. Amazing series.
    Seto no Hanayome ~ Absolutely hilarious. I went in to this series not really expecting much more then something to kill time and found what is now one of my favorite animes of the last few years. The premise is a little out there, but the comedy more then makes up for it.
    Mahoraba: Heartful Days ~ One of the best groups of characters ever. Much more then just a romance, I really came to feel for each of the characters. One that I really wish there was more episodes of.

I do not really have anime that I can think of I dislike since I pretty much secretly enjoy any cheesy love animes. The only one I can think of is School Rumble. I just could not watch past 3 episodes. I cannot stand weak male leads and hate when the target of the girls attention does nothing to deserve it and the guy in this series (not the biker guy who is in love with the main girl, the guy the main girl is in love with) is the most nothing character I have ever seen. Now I am guessing that is part of the joke, but it just annoyed me so much to watch I couldn't watch anymore.
    Who needs a signature.

Newbie ShadowJackal is off to a good start ShadowJackal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That wasn't really the question ShadowJackal. He asked what are your three favorite "love" animes, as is romance stories.

As for me, my top would be, in no particular order. (giving more then 3 cause I am not breaking them into catagories):
    Toradora! ~ I am a sucker for Rie Kugimiya's tsundere rolls and Taiga is my favorite (with Nagi and Louise close behind) plus it is just a great story all around. All of the main cast are very well written and show serious growth as the show goes on. It is also one of those rare romance animes that has a real conclusion.
    Lovely Complex ~ A very unique romance anime. I have yet to find any other series that is anything like it. It somehow feels more real then most other romance anime as well. You just cannot help but root for the two main characters.
    Clannad / After Story ~ I am not usually one for tear jerker stoies, but this one was just so well done that I really liked it. It is so much more then a romance story, it is a story of true love and lost and struggles of live and of family. Amazing series.
    Seto no Hanayome ~ Absolutely hilarious. I went in to this series not really expecting much more then something to kill time and found what is now one of my favorite animes of the last few years. The premise is a little out there, but the comedy more then makes up for it.
    Mahoraba: Heartful Days ~ One of the best groups of characters ever. Much more then just a romance, I really came to feel for each of the characters. One that I really wish there was more episodes of.

I do not really have anime that I can think of I dislike since I pretty much secretly enjoy any cheesy love animes. The only one I can think of is School Rumble. I just could not watch past 3 episodes. I cannot stand weak male leads and hate when the target of the girls attention does nothing to deserve it and the guy in this series (not the biker guy who is in love with the main girl, the guy the main girl is in love with) is the most nothing character I have ever seen. Now I am guessing that is part of the joke, but it just annoyed me so much to watch I couldn't watch anymore.
    Oh I see, well either way, Mushishi technically is a romance story. A sad series, but none the less beautiful. This is a romance anime, just in its own special way. Definitely a classic.
    "Sometimes we just have to accept that some people will stay in our hearts forever, even if we aren't in theirs." ~LournaAsakura

Otaku Ichiya Yuka is off to a good start
    Thanks

1. D.Gray-man
    It's totally awesome. I like the artworks and the stories ^^. The serious scenes were blended well with the comedy scenes ^^

2. 07-Ghost
    What makes me interested to watch it because of the artworks. It's really nice and cute ^^. And I found out the story was really cool too....xDDD.

3. Pandora Hearts
    I like the artworks too...Although the story is a bit confusing....but it's really gud ^^. And I like english background...xP

Newbie Taikaw is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    good question but tought call, could I post more then three animes?
    More than 3 will be fine!!!

also,
    @Skizzit,
    I can't believe I forgot about Seto no Hanayome!!! Man that anime was HILARIOUS!!!
    I liked ToraDora too. I honestly didn't think that Kugimiya Rie was very fit for her part... but I do like her, especially as Louise in Zero no Tsukaima and also as Shana.
    Mahoraba: Heartful Days is an anime I've heard of... but I never bothered to watch it for some reason... and the title is sooo similar to Maburaho(especially in japanese) that I sometimes got the two confused... Anyways, I might try getting that.
    It kinda sucks that you didn't like school rumble... but oh well, we all have our opinions!!!
    Thanks for your answer!

@ShadowJackal
    Despite the fact that you didn't exactly answer the Q, (which I'm totally fine with), I'm glad you brought up the anime Mushishi. I completely forgot about it! I was going to get the manga but it totally slipped my mind! Thanks!
    And as for devil may cry, I remember watching that quite a while back. I quite liked the action in it, the animation moved alot and it was aesthetically appealing, some thing you would expect from a MadHouse anime...

@POOHEAD189
    Inuyasha... never really was a fan of it, but I remember it was showing on Cartoon network or something, and it was somewhat enjoyable...
    Thanks for your reply!

@Ichiya Yuka
    I think all three that you answered are quite recent animes... but I didn't watch any of them. Are they love animes? Anyways, thanks for the reply!!!

Thanks to everyone who replied!!!
    Please keep them coming!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast