Closed Thread

Thread: tour for the cure-scam

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

tour for the cure-scam

heya all. i was just wondering, has anybody here heard about the little trainwreck that happened in vegas? im gonna be brief about it, but, i'll provide a link for more info. what basically happened was, this guy who was from this "company" called AnimeFF had come up with a great idea: create a roaming con that would help raise money for breast cancer research. not only did this con, "tour for the cure" end badly for all involved, but the man, Jeff Borncamp, ran off with all the money. this is something BIG, and im just gonna help fuel the fire that is the hunt for this man. currently, Anime - theOtaku.com is devoting all their news coverage to explain what happened, since they were greatly affect by this man's scam. they were contacted by him, and asked to help out with the con, completely unaware that they were being played. anyways, any thoughts on this people?

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: tour for the cure-scam

Damn, that sounded like that scam worked perfectly for the guy. And this was a supposed-to-be big enough event that even MTV covered that shxt.
    That was really messed up, using Anime and Breast Cancer for a scam. Looks like we found the "asshole of the month": Jeff Borncamp. May this asshole be probed by a tentacle demon until he explodes..........
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this even the guy's real name?? And so far how is the trackdown going?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie celticratt may be famous one day celticratt may be famous one day celticratt's Avatar
    Thanks

I was reading about that sad situation last night,unless the otaku has posted something new I can't form an opinion on if it was a complete scam or just somebody with a good idea but totally incompetant on running a con. My heart goes out to all the poor people that got burned in this debacule (dealers,guests and attendees)

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celticratt View Post
    I was reading about that sad situation last night,unless the otaku has posted something new I can't form an opinion on if it was a complete scam or just somebody with a good idea but totally incompetant on running a con. My heart goes out to all the poor people that got burned in this debacule (dealers,guests and attendees)
    actually, it was a scam. in what i've been reading, this jeff borncamp left late in the day first day of the con with all the money. never came back, and several of the people that HE invited were supposed to get hotel rooms, etc.....never did.

Newbie dragun563 is off to a good start dragun563's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats messed up for the people. I hope he get caught

Closed Thread