Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity blood and Bleach on Adult swin

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sept 9th, Bleach/Trinity Blood Premier on Adult Swim

Quote Originally Posted by The Informer View Post
    I did a bit of research on Trinity Blood and this is what I've found...

[blah blah blah]

The story and main character resemble "Hellsing" somewhat, so I'll have to see if it's as good as "Hellsing".

Also, considering what it contains, I'll see how much Adult Swim will tone down a few things.
    The only thing [adult swim] will tone down is profanity. Blood and gore is okay in their books. That's pretty much it. People can't say "shit" or "****", but every other common curse word is passable. And as for Hellsing? Considering how terrible the Hellsing anime was, Trinity Blood is a whole lot better.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Aug 25, 2006 at 12:44 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    The only thing [adult swim] will tone down is profanity. Blood and gore is okay in their books. That's pretty much it. People can't say "shit" or "****", but every other common curse word is passable. And as for Hellsing? Considering how terrible the Hellsing anime was, Trinity Blood is a whole lot better.

Well, he could have also meant the "nudity" part, being toned down. From what I remember adult swim may be ok with blood, gore and a few curse words, but nudity is a thing that they are still cautios about. Also, if it was me comparing the two, I'd rather compare the hellsing manga and Trinity Blood anime, because I see more comparisons there, not to mention I've read that the creator of the Trinity Blood series died before he could finish it completely and the hellsing series isn't really complete either from what I recall. The hellsing anime that came out, to me, was the worst case of "trying" to develop a feasible story and ending to a great intro and plot development, and I think they just should have left the anime unfinished as well as the manga, seeing as other mangas and their respective anime replicates have done the same.

Newbie Falcondeity may be famous one day Falcondeity may be famous one day Falcondeity's Avatar
    Thanks

It's going to be cool. Haven't actually seen any Bleach yet but have heard a lot of good things. Getting a lend of some of the episodes off a friend soon.

Newbie karei may be famous one day karei may be famous one day karei's Avatar
    Thanks

Good God, they're putting another anime on Adult Swim?
    Not that it's a huge problem or anything, but usually after a popular anime comes THE ANIME GROUPIES.
    That's the part that i'm dreading.
    500*115 pixels is the image size limit.
    -- Hassun

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The thing is, ALL the MEGABLOCKBUSTER anime series from Japan ('Dragon Ball Z', 'One Piece', 'Naruto', 'Bleach', 'Sailor Moon', 'Detective Conan', 'Lupin the Third', etc. etc) will develop an equivalent US otaku fanbase... The best thing to do is to ignore the rabble, and learn to enjoy a anime series based on it's own merits... And don't be afraid NOT to like a anime series (even if the rabble tells you your crazy if your don't like it...). Personally, I just don't get what so hot about series such as 'Trigun', and 'Samurai Champloo'. Both series didn't do well in their Japanese releases, and after the original Japanese, I can see why...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karei View Post
    Good God, they're putting another anime on Adult Swim?
    Not that it's a huge problem or anything, but usually after a popular anime comes THE ANIME GROUPIES.
    That's the part that i'm dreading.
    It's either this, or they go back to their roots...showing no anime, and instead bringing you exciting episodes of "The Brak Show", "Space Ghost coast to coast", another long gone 80's or 90's show(like pee-wee's) and a few other sub par comedy shows to be a filler for the times they would have shown anime.

And Len Miyata also gives a very good point as well.

Newbie Falcondeity may be famous one day Falcondeity may be famous one day Falcondeity's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. I mean Akira is meant to be one of the best anime movies but I don't see what is so great about it

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcondeity View Post
    I agree. I mean Akira is meant to be one of the best anime movies but I don't see what is so great about it
    From a historical perspective, 'Akira' is considered to be the greatest movie to come out of the 'Golden Age' of Anime, that lasted from the mid-1970s to 1989. Now compared to the CGI technology used today, 'Akira' doesn't compare well... But when you consider that 'Akira' was made back in the days when they would hire unemployed collge students off the street to hand paint cell frames... 'Akira' is a fantastic example of hand drawn animation...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast