Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity blood and Bleach on Adult swin

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Bleach English Dub

my only question is will they cut the crap out of it like they do alot of the anime
    on adult swim it looks awesome but they cut so much out just to make room for comercails and they only show like 15 or 20 minuts of a 30 minute block. i hope they try and keep this uncut as possable because cutting it for comercail time and other junk will ruin it
    Last edited by HolderOfTheDarkChalice; Sep 05, 2006 at 11:37 AM.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually most TV broadcast anime episodes range in length from 20 - 24 minutes, so were only talking about 5 minutes or so of cuts...

Another thing is that VIZ Media is responsible for the English Dub, and some of the past series they've done ('Saikano', 'Inuyasha') haven't garnered mass complaints of butchered dubs. Even the 'Naruto' english Dub hasn't garnered massive amount of complaints...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

ok i was wondering about that i thought maybe they were trying to just make a rish job from it since tere always killing the anime with comercails but i guess since you put it that way it makes since. but it would be nice thouhg if they devoted a hole 30 minuts to an anime without cutting it like they do. but i guess that would be asking to much.i cant wait for the episodes though they look really awesome.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

The English voices sounded all right. All they showed were ichigo and rukia, wonder how the other peoples voices will sound like?

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

johnny young bosch...VA for vash the stampede and Renton from eureka 7. he also played adam the black ranger from power rangers! it seems hes using his casual voice to voice ichigo i think? all good. as for rukia they gave her a soft voice.

Newbie Calena715 may be famous one day Calena715 may be famous one day Calena715's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it looks good! I'm excited about not having to read the subtitles also, but I think that the voice for Ichigo could be a little better. Hopefully they won't cut anything out, after all, it does come on at 12:30!

Newbie cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902 may be famous one day cloud_902's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually most TV broadcast anime episodes range in length from 20 - 24 minutes, so were only talking about 5 minutes or so of cuts...

Another thing is that VIZ Media is responsible for the English Dub, and some of the past series they've done ('Saikano', 'Inuyasha') haven't garnered mass complaints of butchered dubs. Even the 'Naruto' english Dub hasn't garnered massive amount of complaints...
    i really hate it everytime this happends... why cant they just put the anime in english subs... i always get irritated everytime they dub an anime and change some stuff... and the voices of the characters also change... no offense but it just makes me angry sometimes...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud_902 View Post
    i really hate it everytime this happends... why cant they just put the anime in english subs... i always get irritated everytime they dub an anime and change some stuff... and the voices of the characters also change... no offense but it just makes me angry sometimes...
    There are thee major reasons for changes in the English Dub...
    1. Censoring to meet the broadcast requrements of the target audiance... (Not a factor in the post-midnight time slots of Adult Swim...)

2. Cultural difference between the original production and the target audiance... (Well, this does happen. If someone compares a character to a bown of 'Natto' would you understand their trying to get across???)

3. Mouth flap synchronization.... This is the most common reason for changes in the English dub. Japanese is a different language with different pronounciation patters. The need to synchronize with the character mouth flaps make it nearly impossible to do a world for world translation for the English dub. Because of this, some changes must be expected (and tolerated) in the resulting english dub, and there is no way around this... (grumble grumble grumble...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast