Closed Thread

Thread: Is the underdog/hidden talent anime played out?

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Is the underdog/hidden talent anime played out?

It seems that there are many many anime that have all too similar plot devices, naruto, and DBZ to name a couple. All be it the storys are entertaining and the animes are good; the plot devices have become cliche due to overuse. What do you think would be a great way for writers to breathe new life into the anime community? and let these cliches have a rest. There are many that do not follow this formula yet Im concerning myself with the ones that do and what can be done to fix it, or if you think its a-ok.

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is the underdog/hidden talent anime played out?

DBZ is much older and the ideas were somewhat fresh at the time. Naruto started off good because he was a real underdog being that no one liked him or believed in him. Naruto overused the idea too much throughout the series. I don't really have any suggestions as to make the fighting genre fresh again. It seems like everything has been done..alot
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is the underdog/hidden talent anime played out?

The underdog device is completely overused, not only in anime but in pretty much every other genre of film and television. The "loveable loser who no one believed in saves everyone" and even worse, the "shy, plain guy/girl beats out the better-looking guy/girl to win the heart of his/her true love" are scenarios I've seen more than enough of. Maybe we need more anime where the losers actually, oh I don't know...lose?
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Closed Thread