+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: US anime VS japan anime

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

US anime VS japan anime

japanise anime kiks the ass of us anime and have you notisd that the us anime is starting to sligtly change in to japanise anime

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: US anime VS japan anime

?.... Is US anime really a term? I thought anime was unique to Japan. And us anime wanna-be's would have to settle for "Anime Style". *shrugs*

And I dunno, I have seen some pretty good stuff come from the US. The drawing style may lack some originality (being that it seems very influenced by eastern styles). But I have seen some American animated series, with quite interesting story lines, and some are visually pleasing to boot.

With that said... I do prefer Japanese anime. I think story lines and artistic styles derived form Japan often seem to have a certain rawness, I think cultural influence must play a part. Because Americans just can't seem to reproduce it.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Apr 15, 2009 at 11:26 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you also know that Japanese animation and style was derived from Walt Disney?
    Also, US animation is based off of caricatures and not meant to be in that kind of style and detail like in Japan do to the fact that here in the US cartoon animation is considered childish, so there is no need to make them elaborate as kids don't really care about that.
    But over all, yes, Japanese animation is much better do to the fact that it also targets older generation of audiences that like to see that level of detail and depth.
    How ever, as Peach has said, there are a few creators out there that are catching on to Japanese style of animation.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

Xxajanae97xX (Apr 15, 2009)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And in Japan, the majority view Anime as children programming as well. Very few of the successful TV ratings dominating kids programs have seen US distribution (Only the Adult Swim localized version of 'Crayon Shin-chan', and the unsuccessful 4Kids dubbing of 'Magical Doremi', There is talk about bringing over 'Doraemon'). Golden hour series (Family hour primetime) Shounen Jump Anime series (e.g. 'One Piece', 'Bleach', 'Naruto', and 'Gintama') as well as the Magical Girl series (e.g. 'Pretty Cure', 'Sailor Moon') are clearly aimed at the tween to teen market demographics. Which leaves all the dark/gory and ecchi/comedies to be shown in the post-midnight hour bracket to a very limited niche audience...

Anime subject... Moving to the Anime Forums...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Rikku14 is off to a good start Rikku14's Avatar
    Thanks

The US anime copyed the ideas from Japans anime. I notice that the US anime is kind of changing though.

Newbie Xxajanae97xX is off to a good start Xxajanae97xX's Avatar
    Thanks

US anime is just US cartoon animation with japanese anime influences, how i think about it. I do pick Japan anime because the animation style is more expressive and better in my opinion and there are so many genres so not all of it is "watered" down for young preteen audience. US anime don't try to make their shows mature in content because like Scourge stated kids don't care. But i cannot say all "US anime" sucks because Avatar for example was awesome.
    akame4eva!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxajanae97xX For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Apr 15, 2009)

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

but in your opinin do you tink us anime can be improved a bit?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Of cores it can and it will over time as it becomes more popular in the US. Despite the number of Japanese anima fans here in the US there isant enough for a full blown converstion but enough to make it exotic and interesting.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast