Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vampire hunter D

Newbie anime cutie may be famous one day anime cutie may be famous one day anime cutie's Avatar
    Thanks

Vampire hunter D

has anyone even acknoleged that Vampire Hunter D if the most koolest most awesomest anime in the WORLD? i personally love both of the movies (bloodlust) ect. (even though VHD is kinda old...)

Newbie slipknotbaby_15p may be famous one day slipknotbaby_15p may be famous one day slipknotbaby_15p's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Vampire hunter D

actually no wats it bout? sry im kinda new

Newbie anime cutie may be famous one day anime cutie may be famous one day anime cutie's Avatar
    Thanks

its about a vampire hunter named D and he is a Dumphil (half vampire) i ythink he was the son of dracula, but anyways he has a parisite on his hand (sort of as a companion, its like a rated R movie but youll just have to see them to understand the whole thing cause its really kool, and its action packed, not alot of nudity just ALOT of blood gore and guts....AWESOME

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Official English websites are located here...

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust Official Website:
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Love this Anime~ ^O^ Kicks Butt~!! XD LOVE IT!!

The Hands name. Do you know the hands name?

The second one was better~!! ^_^
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Newbie Crimson_Inferno may be famous one day Crimson_Inferno may be famous one day Crimson_Inferno's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah this was one of the first anime i watched and i loved it which is why im now hooked on anime

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, in terms of the series.. I have read about it, but haven't seen it yet...

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, on the other hand, I have enjoyed quite a number of times already...

The graphics, the character designs and the strict details with regards to the facial expressions, scenery and costumes are nothing short of fantastic... It really had a tinge of ancient romanticism to it somehow...

The armor, the castle, and the horse(/s) were very well-made too. And the use of elements for further character development; plus, the sentimental undertone from the simplicity of the plot and the story made it more engaging than it should have been...

The highly memorable personalities for me were the Barbaroi people though... I loved the fluidity of their movements which matched the strength of the characters in neither too sinister nor too obvious a fashion, they were flexible and not archetypical as in many cases of opposing sides...

I especially love the art on the hands and the eyes, there's a cynical blend of solid surrealism in it, which makes me just stop and react in awe...

I also highly appreciate the fact that it wasn't too exaggerating of its theme, because many vampire genres tend to overuse exactly that...

With its mix of action, drama, suspense, etc, it becomes more than that... Which probably makes it one of the best of its kind...

The most surprising thing about it though was the fact that it was originally dubbed in the English language... Fortunately, the voices were well-suited to the personalities of the movie...

And of course, who could forget that awesome ender by Do As Infinity? =^^=

Tooku Made is surely one of the best songs produced by the band...

And Tomiko Van's vocals was never less than amazing...

...Perfect for a wonderful anime like VHD - one of the very rare few who has actually has a satisfactory ending... unlike most.

Quote Originally Posted by anime cutie View Post
    its about a vampire hunter named D and he is a Dumphil (half vampire) i ythink he was the son of dracula, but anyways he has a parisite on his hand (sort of as a companion, its like a rated R movie but youll just have to see them to understand the whole thing cause its really kool, and its action packed, not alot of nudity just ALOT of blood gore and guts....AWESOME
    It is Dunpeal actually, as specified in the opening scenes... ^^;

Yes, he is a half-breed who hunts vampires like many before him... Thus, he waits for the day when his bloodlusting side will overtake him, and another like him will hunt him down and pursue his job... That is why they are called the Dunpeal Hunter(/s)...

I'm not sure but.. I don't think he is the son of "Dracula". Just the heir of the "King of Vampires" with a human mother, if my memory serves me correct... >.<;;

Blood, gore and nudity wasn't really evident, although the movie didn't really need those to make it as good as it already is...

If you want violence, you should check out Texhnolyze by Yoshitoshi ABe... It's one of the best! ^^
    Last edited by zeine; Oct 23, 2006 at 10:14 AM.

Newbie AnimeFreakDizzy may be famous one day AnimeFreakDizzy may be famous one day AnimeFreakDizzy's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only seen the first movie and I have to say it's a pretty good anime and I'd like to ee the second one but I'd have to buy it.
    Hassun killed this signature.
    Read the rules.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast