+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Views on Harem

  1. #1
    Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Jersey City,NJ
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Post Views on Harem

    Anyone want to talk about the harem genre? I do. It seems like they're all the same now. The main character is always slightly tough on the the outside but the kindest person on the kindest person on the inside. He always makes the right choices and right decisions and considers every1's feelings. And if he does make a mistake he beats himself up about it way more than he should. Throw in between 3-6 girls that like him for no real reason, and an unconclusive ending, and you have 95% of every harem series. I liked this formula for about 3 or series but now it bores me. Its hard to stay intersested in a series when i know exactly whats going to happen 4 episodes b4 it happens.
    Last edited by aceman67; Sep 18, 2008 at 10:40 PM.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

  2. #2
    Newbie Ralisation is off to a good start Ralisation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    What is this too?
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Views on Harem

    It is good while it lasted.You'll enjoy it more when you just started watching animes.Watching them once in a while would be best.I'm not a regular for harem genre animes but I'm sure there will be some different from the majorities.

    Most people watching animes hate harems.However,Harems could probably be the best remedy after a drama.


    Classic avatar!

  3. #3
    Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Jersey City,NJ
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Views on Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralisation View Post
    It is good while it lasted.You'll enjoy it more when you just started watching animes.Watching them once in a while would be best.I'm not a regular for harem genre animes but I'm sure there will be some different from the majorities.

    Most people watching animes hate harems.However,Harems could probably be the best remedy after a drama.
    I usually need something light after most other series. For example i tried to watch shuffle to balance out gantz and it was just too predictable. Same thing different names. I guess every series can't be as great as tenchi.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

  4. #4
    of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    2,172
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: Views on Harem

    Elfen Lied is the best harem ever. You've got a guy who's a really big pussy being surrounded by emotionally damaged girls and his cousin who wants his babies. You've got the schizophrenic main character. You've got the sexually abused little girl and her dog. You've got the other other girl with dissociative identity disorder. And in the manga only, you've got a girl with a bed wetting problem that wears diapers and whom also knows how to sing.

    I'm just kidding.

    Harem bores me though when they sneak it's elements in other series, it's quite hilarious. I do find reverse harem slightly more interesting more than regular harem though.
    I love my girlfriend.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Innerhell For This Useful Post:

    Jokerman (Sep 18, 2008)

  6. #5
    Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Jersey City,NJ
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Views on Harem

    Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    Elfen Lied is the best harem ever. You've got a guy who's a really big pussy being surrounded by emotionally damaged girls and his cousin who wants his babies. You've got the schizophrenic main character. You've got the sexually abused little girl and her dog. You've got the other other girl with dissociative identity disorder. And in the manga only, you've got a girl with a bed wetting problem that wears diapers and whom also knows how to sing.

    I'm just kidding.

    Harem bores me though when they sneak it's elements in other series, it's quite hilarious. I do find reverse harem slightly more interesting more than regular harem though.
    You have enlightened me. With all the constant bloodshed and brutality I never thought of Elfen lied as anything close to a harem.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

  7. #6
    Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California
    Posts
    5,477
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 172 Times in 147 Posts

    Re: Views on Harem

    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    Elfen Lied is the best harem ever. You've got a guy who's a really big pussy being surrounded by emotionally damaged girls and his cousin who wants his babies. You've got the schizophrenic main character. You've got the sexually abused little girl and her dog. You've got the other other girl with dissociative identity disorder. And in the manga only, you've got a girl with a bed wetting problem that wears diapers and whom also knows how to sing.

    I'm just kidding.

    Harem bores me though when they sneak it's elements in other series, it's quite hilarious. I do find reverse harem slightly more interesting more than regular harem though.
    You have enlightened me. With all the constant bloodshed and brutality I never thought of Elfen lied as anything close to a harem.
    'Elfen Lied' is actually the Anti-Harem Harem series, where it takes all the typical background aspects for a harem series, then turns everything upside down, making the story as dark and violent as possible...

    Another series that has Anti-Harem aspects is 'Fate/Stay Night' where all the girls trying to kill off the main character end up living in his household...

    Lately, there has been a decrease in Harem series coming out in Japan, with the trend towards Anime series based on Dating Sims/Visual Novels, which includes the likes of 'Comic Party', 'Fate/Stay Night', 'Kanon', 'Air', 'Shuffle!'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

  8. #7
    The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    507
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 78 Times in 75 Posts

    Re: Views on Harem

    I like Maburaho, although i loathed the ending. Also, I liked Magikano until the ending, which was more retarded at the end and more inconclusive then Maburaho. I guess the only Harem I can say I liked was Techi Muyo, and I've only seen a few episodes...

    I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Harem Genre Anime
    By Unit in forum Anime
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: May 04, 2007, 05:44 AM
  2. Need Harem Recomendations!
    By Spin Da Ish in forum Anime
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 02, 2007, 08:03 PM
  3. What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships
    By Moon Goddess in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: Nov 03, 2006, 11:36 PM
  4. What are your views Dungeons and Dragons?
    By SuperDude22 in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2006, 02:22 AM
  5. Your views on..... (Smoking, Drinking)
    By Weebl in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Dec 07, 2005, 07:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts