+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Vision of Escaflowne

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

The Vision of Escaflowne

ok the Vision of Escaflowne is a awsome anime but i want to know how many ep's are in it

becasue i have a box set with 3 vol. with i donno how many in it ( cost 30 -40 pounds) and the first movie but im wondering about who many there are and is there really a manga as well...??

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Vision of Escaflowne

Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Visions of Escaflowne' is a 26 episode TV series, and a Movie that is a retelling of the TV storyline... Bandai Entertainment has the US Region 1 license for this series...

Bandai Entertainment: Visions of Escaflowne Collection
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    is there really a manga as well...??
    Yes, there are eight volumes in total [of the series]. And the soundtracks of this series are absolutely beautiful.

Kanno Yōko + Sakamoto Maaya = Pure brilliance!

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah kedar like the songs Mystic Eyes ect there soo cool

by thanks for that ^^ i didnt even think it was a manga but i should have to be truthful cos liek most anime would have started as a manga right??

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Most anime series do come from manga, but they are manga books that come after anime as well. Examples: Cowboy Bebop and Tenchi Muyo. I can't think of any more at the moment. Some anime are based off novels and even video games, too.

Oh, be sure to thank Len-sami for providing you with valuable info. Don't be ungrateful!

Thanks

aww u be evil >.<

sorry LenMiyata thank you!! ^__^ ( puts on cutie voice lol)

and thanks again kedar

and another thing do all anime have a manga ?? like sailor moon cardcaptors ?? cos i knoe dbz has one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    and another thing do all anime have a manga ?? like sailor moon cardcaptors ?? cos i knoe dbz has one
    Almost all of them do, but there are a few exceptions. Let me think. Ummm, I do not think the anime based off the video game, Arc the Lad, has a manga ~!! Another one I can think of is a really old series that I remember, it's something-something Voltes V. It's a mecha series. I am not too sure, but I don't think it was made into a manga. Without these weird cases, all anime have a manga.

~!!!! I am not an expert at this, so maybe Len-sami or someone else here can properly address that question. And, let's get back to talking something related to: The Vision of Escaflowne.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho doesn't have a manga either... at least, I haven't seen the manga in Kinokuniya. It's based on a video game (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Tenkuu no Escaflowne is really lovely. It's not the best anime I've watched, but even the crummiest show can be made magnificent when someone as talented as Kanno Yoko is behind the soundtrack. The versions confuse me, though. I bought a limited edition DVD that was supposed to contain the Escaflowne movie, and after watching it I was reminded of the X/1999 movie, which is basically just a compressed version of the entire series. Then I heard that there are several other movies (???) and some extra stuff to boot, but errrrr, I'm not sure if any of this is true, and I don't even know if what I watched is actually the movie, or just some kind of random OVA. It starts with Hitomi & her classmate on the rooftop, progresses to the bit where everything starts to disappear and she finds herself in another world, and it ends with her sitting around with Van (I think?). I remember finding it strange because of how quickly Van's attitude towards her changed (from cold & lonely, he suddenly sprouts wings, saves Hitomi and actually SMILES at her???).

So yeah. I'm confused.

+ Reply to Thread