Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Vision of Escaflowne (anime)

Newbie Falcondeity may be famous one day Falcondeity may be famous one day Falcondeity's Avatar
    Thanks

The Vision of Escaflowne (anime)

this an area were we can all talk about the vision of escaflowne because it is such a cool anime show. i think this was the first anime i ever saw and i want to talk to other people who may have seen it and liked it.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Vision of Escaflowne (anime)

I remember first watching it on TX Network [and on Animax] long time ago, in 1996 or 1997, I believe. It's certainly is my most-beloved classic anime series ever.

The soundtrack kicks ass!! I especially love the song: 約束はいらない [Yakusoku wa iranai]. As an aside: Translation - [Yakusoku - promise, iranai - don't need].

Basically, anything of Kanno Yoko and Sakamoto Maaya rocks!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And to thinkthat Maya Sakamoto was still in high school (age 15) when she recorded Escaflowne. (There's a interesting cast interview of her on one of the DVD extras... apparently she claims she didn't have her first kiss yet when the series was made...) She originally got the role by winning a talent contest...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

awwww i rember that show but i got put off TT__TT ( i hate are tvs here )but it had a really good sory line dont you think??

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

And to thinkthat Maya Sakamoto was still in high school (age 15) when she recorded Escaflowne. (There's a interesting cast interview of her on one of the DVD extras... apparently she claims she didn't have her first kiss yet when the series was made...) She originally got the role by winning a talent contest...
    Yes, that's very true ~!! It's amazing, as was mentioned in one of TV interviews, how she didn't miss any school, while she worked as a voice actor for Kanzaki Hitomi, the main character in Escaflowne. ^^; And, she received her degree from Toyo Daigaku [Daigaku - university]. Anyway, her voice is very catchy!! I am very happy to see her voice for Fujioka Haruhi in Ouran High School Host Club.

Check her very first album: Grapefruit. She even wrote lyrics for some of the songs!
    Last edited by kedar; Sep 22, 2006 at 02:12 PM.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Yes, that's very true ~!! It's amazing, as was mentioned in one of TV interviews, how she didn't miss any school, while she worked as a voice actor for Kanzaki Hitomi, the main character in Escaflowne. ^^; And, she received her degree from Toyo Daigaku [Daigaku - university]. Anyway, her voice is very catchy!! I am very happy to see her voice for Fujioka Haruhi in Ouran High School Host Club.

Check her very first album: Grapefruit. She even wrote lyrics for some of the songs!
    OMG is that true OMG i could never do that but it would be so cool tho dont ya think

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn
    OMG is that true OMG i could never do that but it would be so cool tho dont ya think
    Yes, that's true, just as Len-sami mentioned earlier, Equinn.

!! To have your first album sent out with music composition by Kanno Yoko and give voice for a hit anime-show character, wouldn't that be cool, you mean? Heck yeah! I work in my band, but to have the honor to give voice in a song with Kanno's music would be truly amazing.

~ This anime and the work with Kanno Yoko most certainly laid path to her [Sakamoto's] eventual career, as a seiyuu and a singer.

Thanks

cool but the anime was really good it got put off our tv so me and my sister had to get them off the net TT_TT but i LOVE van aww hes sooo cool

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast