Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: voice actors

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Re: voice actors

If u say english dubbed some of them are awfull... u should hear it in malay..
    it's 10 fold awful... though the voice acting in DBall in malay version is not all that bad... it's the best for now.. lol

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

The english anime voice acting business is soooo inbred....There's like a total of five people who do all the voices in every series...okay, well not literally....maybe 10 hehe

Not that it's a bad thing, as some voice actors are quite good, but it gets repetitive when you turn on a show, then hear the same voices on the next 5 shows. Getting into that business would be some tough work...

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Newbie FireStarterBob may be famous one day FireStarterBob may be famous one day FireStarterBob's Avatar
    Thanks

Masaya Onosaka as Vash the Stampede
    He does a great job at getting vash's personality across, and making him such an enjoyable character.

In general I'd say I definately prefer watching anime in it's original language of japanese as I speak a little and in general think they do an overall better job. More and more often though, english dubs are stepping up their game, this is of course when they aren't being given overly Americanized/dumbed down scripts that just ruin everything for me.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

After 7yrs of watching anime, Ayako Kawasumi is still my #1 favourite seiyuu. Ever since watching Gatekeeper (that turned me into a big anime fan) my opinion never changed. She has a such a nice calm ordinary voice, yet cute; while she can voice a character like Saber from Fate/Stay Night. God, I was pissed/jealous when she went to Otakon last year.

As for English voice actors/actress, I don't care about them because I haven't watched any of my anime in English, well I did way back then and sometimes on tv - rarely nowadays. I don't have any dislikes because I don't pay attention to ones that doesn't catch my attention with their voice.

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

KIRBY MORROW and SCOTT MCNEIL FOR THE WIN!!

Scott did my favourite GW char, Duo (LOVE) and Kirby does my lil' womanizer from Inu Yasha, Miroku.

They're my favourites. Oh, and Toby Proctor who did Darien from the Dubbed Sailor Moon (I obsessed over that when I was 13)
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
    After 7yrs of watching anime, Ayako Kawasumi is still my #1 favourite seiyuu. Ever since watching Gatekeeper (that turned me into a big anime fan) my opinion never changed. She has a such a nice calm ordinary voice, yet cute; while she can voice a character like Saber from Fate/Stay Night. God, I was pissed/jealous when she went to Otakon last year.
    I do believe Kawasumi Ayako is currently the top female seiyuu in Japan, going by number of projects (and the magnitude of those projects). She is pretty good, eh? For example, the characters of Akari (To Heart), Osaka (Azumanga Daioh) and Nodame (Nodame Cantabile) are completely different but she still plays the roles with ease (or not? I won't know unless I'm in the studio watching ).

(Ayako Kawasumi)

Newbie Kitty_luvs_Saiyuki2004 may be famous one day Kitty_luvs_Saiyuki2004 may be famous one day Kitty_luvs_Saiyuki2004's Avatar
    Thanks

heh! Just the thread that I wanna talk in!!!

I just LOVE Greg Ayres (Guy who does Goku in Saiyuki) He's hilarious!

I don't think I have a least fav actor... oh wait I do.....

Sean Schemmel.... (the other guy who does the other Goku...-DBZ-) heh....

XD Funny huh!

Otaku shikashu may be famous one day shikashu may be famous one day shikashu's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: voice actors

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post
    I heard the voice actor for naruto and the guy in the anime Steamboy are both girls...
    Does most anime boy characters use girls as the voice acting? @.@
    Indeed, if you want to get the tone of a little boy, or younster(younger boy) then yes, reason: men's voice can sometimes be a little bit rough in tone, and woman's voice is a little bit more soft almost sounding like a child, this is one reason, also they want to match the same voice as the japanese voice actors, to give the same experience within the anime, an example of a anime boy characters use girls as the voice acting is Ash Ketchum from Pokemon (pocket monster), original voice Veronica Taylor, so yes they use girls as boy characters in some anime series.
    Pokemon (TV) - Anime News Network

Arigatou Nao chan for the sig^_^
    warning, dangerous diclonious on the lose!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast