+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Voltron *Kickin' it old school!*

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Voltron *Kickin' it old school!*

I spent a good portion of my childhood watching 'Voltron'. It was the first anime series I ever watched. It's the reason I like anime/manga so much. ^_^ Anyway, I spent most of my night watching 'Voltron' on Hulu and it brought back some old memories of my childhood. Anybody remember the Voltron that was made of cars/jeeps? Ah... memories.

As some of you may know, the first season of 'Voltron' was actually known as 'Beast King Go Lion' in Japan. (The word "go" in this case, meaning "five" in Japanese.) The second season was taken from 'Armored Fleet Dairugger XV (Kikou Kantai Dairagaa Fifutiin). Both have different main characters and different stories. Both series were pretty good in my opinion, though 'Go Lion' was a lot cooler looking. Either way, they were good enough for me to get a ton of merchandise as a kid. ^_^

How many of you, here on AO, have ever watched 'Voltron' as a child? How many are currently watching it for the heck of it? What do you think of this series? I spotted the box set at FYE, I'm thinkin' about saving up to buy it. That would make me a happy otaku!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Spike'sRose (Jan 08, 2010)

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Voltron *Kickin' it old school!*

I have heared of Voltron before, but never seen it. However, I have seen some Voltron spoofs on Robot Chicken

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Ohhh man, thanks for bringing back good times!

I LOVED Voltron! I remember when they played on Toonami... back in the day :P I really loved it... I always thought it was cheesy, but still fun. The characters are pretty fun. And I love the lion mechs!

I found the box set at Best Buy and about died. The covers are cool looking, I gotta say.

When I finish buying Yu Yu Hakusho I am seriously saving up for Voltron. Gotta have it.

Until then, I might have to hop over to Hulu and watch a few episodes!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    Ohhh man, thanks for bringing back good times!

I LOVED Voltron! I remember when they played on Toonami... back in the day :P I really loved it... I always thought it was cheesy, but still fun. The characters are pretty fun. And I love the lion mechs!

I found the box set at Best Buy and about died. The covers are cool looking, I gotta say.

When I finish buying Yu Yu Hakusho I am seriously saving up for Voltron. Gotta have it.

Until then, I might have to hop over to Hulu and watch a few episodes!
    Hulu is great! They've got quite a few anime series to watch whenever you've got the time.

I just found a 'Voltron' poster in an old issue of Future Anime Magazine. It's got both versions of Voltron on the poster, which made me super-happy! The gods must've been smiling on me yesterday.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I remember this series! Not the foggiest idea other than the mech itself, but I remember watching it quite a bit and loving it! I even had a toy with the five that all connected into one. ^_^
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dark angel swordsman For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Jan 10, 2010)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

There were many animes I liked before I knew they were anime and voltron is one of them. I think everyone my age has a favoite lion and a favorite pilot. I am very much into the older anime and voltron is one that I think any serious collector should have.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Jan 10, 2010)

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Ah yes, good old Voltron. Yeah, I remember it. I loved watching the lions smash up the bad guys, & I think I remember a little of the series before that, the one with the cars & stuff. I think it was called Voltron; Vehicle Force, & was made up of cars, trains, helicopters, etc. Wish I could remember more about it though...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post
    Ah yes, good old Voltron. Yeah, I remember it. I loved watching the lions smash up the bad guys, & I think I remember a little of the series before that, the one with the cars & stuff. I think it was called Voltron; Vehicle Force, & was made up of cars, trains, helicopters, etc. Wish I could remember more about it though...

It was simply Voltron. Just a different season and different mech. They were all cars, mostly. There was a movie made in Japan but only played in the US where both Voltrons had to join forces to do battle against the evil forces. It was pretty cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast