+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wangan Midnight(Highway Racing Anime)

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Wangan Midnight(Highway Racing Anime)

The anime of Wangan Midnight just came out in Japan in June. I'm sure all the initial D fans know about it but I wanted to let some people who might be interested know it's out. It's basically a highway racing anime and it's really cool. This site has some type of rule about sharing anime episodes so I'll just show you guys the opening.
    YouTube - Wangan Midnight Opening & Ending
    Last edited by Shodokan; Jul 13, 2007 at 10:13 PM.

Newbie InitialDAE86 is off to a good start InitialDAE86's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wangan Midnight(Highway Racing Anime)

I have seen Wangan Midnight it looks great, i hope some one uploads it on youtube so i can watch it! Oh and thanks for the clip!

One Piece Crew.
    -InitialDAE86

Newbie ilovenaruto11 is off to a good start ilovenaruto11's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post

The anime of Wangan Midnight just came out in Japan in June. I'm sure all the initial D fans know about it but I wanted to let some people who might be interested know it's out. It's basically a highway racing anime and it's really cool. This site has some type of rule about sharing anime episodes so I'll just show you guys the opening.
    YouTube - Wangan Midnight Opening & Ending
    man that sounds awsome cooooooolllll
    and i like the youtube

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I have seen the first two episodes(not the manga) and I have to say, I am very dissapointed as a fan of Initial D, and a fan of just simply anime.

First off, it is the Wangan, the straightestest and longest highway running through Japan. How boring is that really? The highlights of action are the suppodely fast speed and close deadly close encounters with pedestrians on the road? Yawn away at that snooze fest.

The only reason I am going to watch it over the past few years is my dedication to the art style ridicuously similar to the Initial D series. Yes, yes, it has the same director, but comeon..really?

The main characters appears to be the exact oposite of Tak in almost every aspect. There hasn't yet been any significant race or concept applied that even remotely strikes me as interesting. The races are lame, so are the obstacles, not to mention the "supernatural" involved, and the characters are pretty vanilla/cookie cutter copies to boot. I was even more dissapointed to learn that the entire manga revolved around the main character racing against the same person over and over and over.

I don't know much about highway racing so the rules are completelly unknown to me. From what I understand though, it is a race simply to prove who is the fastest on a straightaway for an almost unlimited amount of track? There aren't really any checkpoints or finishlines, just a straight run with a fast car, with the whole end being one person going 5 miles an hour faster than the second.

The quickest route from point A to B is a straight line. It also means that is the most boring unremarkable path with the least amount of excitement.

Ooo the car is supposedly haunted? Woop do. The whole having to believe in your car as much as you do yourself just makes me laugh with dissapointment. Way to bring "Peter Pan" into what should be a kickass racing show.

I am just going to put more focus into the wait for Stage 5 of Initial D. Atleast there is some actual suspense, drama, and excitement during that course of action.

+ Reply to Thread