+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome to the NHK!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Welcome to the NHK!

Welcome to the N.H.K. revolves around the lives of several young-adults all living in or around the city of Tokyo. Many different lifestyles are shown though most of the time the story focuses on the concepts of being a hikikomori, anime otaku, and having most of the characters experience intense feelings of depression and loneliness.

The main protagonist is Tatsuhiro Satō, a university dropout entering his fourth year of unemployment. He leads a reclusive life as a hikikomori, ultimately coming to the bizarre conclusion that this happened due to some sort of conspiracy. One day just when his life seems entirely unchanging, he meets Misaki Nakahara, a mysterious girl who claims to be able to cure Tatsuhiro of his hikikomori ways. She presents him with a contract basically outlining that once a day they would meet in the evening in a local park where Misaki would lecture to Tatsuhiro in an effort to rid him of his lifestyle. During these outings, many subjects are discussed, though they almost always pertain in some way to psychology or psychoanalysis.

[URL}\]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_nhk[/URL]
    "Hikikomori, lit. "pulling away, being confined", i.e., "acute social withdrawal") is a Japanese term to refer to the phenomenon of reclusive individuals who have chosen to withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement due to various personal and social factors in their lives. The term hikikomori refers to both the sociological phenomenon in general as well as to individuals belonging to this societal group."

I watched a dozen episodes so far and I love it!!

I love how the series touches a real topic. I know people like that. Not like, totally reclusive, but they have hikikomori tendencies. Come to think of it, I think we all do in a small way. LOL.

The story is great because the main character spends so much time trying to figure himself out. The idea that everything that goes on is based on some sort of conspiracy is pretty funny. It reminds me of an old friend of mine who always had these crazy conspiracy theories. Except Satou's theory makes a bit more sense than Area 51, LOL.

Has anyone seen this series yet? If so, why did you like/dislike it?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Welcome to the NHK!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Welcome to the NHK' is the evil twin brother to both 'Genshiken' and 'Comic Party' as it delves into the darker side of Otaku culture... One of the better 'Dark' series to come out in the past year. I just got my Vol #6 delivered, so I should finish this series before the end of the week...

Welcome to the N-H-K : The Official Anime Site from FUNimation Productions:
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Welcome to the NHK!

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Welcome to the NHK' is the evil twin brother to both 'Genshiken' and 'Comic Party' as it delves into the darker side of Otaku culture... One of the better 'Dark' series to come out in the past year. I just got my Vol #6 delivered, so I should finish this series before the end of the week...

Welcome to the N-H-K : The Official Anime Site from FUNimation Productions:
    Right on! I'm hopin' to complete the series before the end of February. I agree with you. It's one of the best 'Dark' series that I've seen in a while, though in most parts, the humor outweighs the darkness. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread