+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what about GUNSWORD

Newbie voneyeding is off to a good start voneyeding's Avatar
    Thanks

what about GUNSWORD

Can't believe some of the best stuff isn't given mention in this forum. I know, I know, you might say its a spin-off of BEBOP/TRIGUN? ,, But what isnt inspired by something else. Since they will not continue those series why not take an interest in this really good anime. I appreciate geneon doing a decent job in the dubbing voices to match characters personality and expression. However, the end of it was kinda lame. Most of the episodes stand alone are well done! .. tell me what you think?
    VonEYEding

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what about GUNSWORD

I think it had/has a thread..... I really do, but I could be wrong I am in so many anime forums I could have mixed them up.

I am still in the process of watching this anime. I had to stop for a while because my copy was messed up, but I am excited to start again.

I really like the whole Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star gen of anime and I think this is a great throw back to those....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animemeg View Post
    I think it had/has a thread..... I really do, but I could be wrong I am in so many anime forums I could have mixed them up.

I am still in the process of watching this anime. I had to stop for a while because my copy was messed up, but I am excited to start again.

I
    really like the whole Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star gen of anime
    and I think this is a great throw back to those....
    yah,, I think it's a dying breed. Most anime thats even at least SCI-FI oriented are taking on the goofy expression, just like regular tv series these days, seem like on board soap operas boring
    VonEYEding

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by voneyeding View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by animemeg View Post

I
    really like the whole Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star gen of anime
    and I think this is a great throw back to those....
    yah,, I think it's a dying breed. Most anime thats even at least SCI-FI oriented are taking on the goofy expression, just like regular tv series these days, seem like on board soap operas boring
    Its not so much a dying breed of Anime genre, but a unsuccessful Anime genre. Of the three mentioned series, only 'Cowboy Bebop' was considered a successful series. (And it was only successful with its second showing. It was prematurely canceled during its first showing due to Japanese political events outside the scope of the series). Both 'Outlaw Star' and 'Trigun' was more successful in the US market then the Japan market. (And so much so that the Vash the Stampede Figurine was only sold in the US market, and didn't exist in the Japanese market)

Personally, I found the first and second DVD of the series boring, with a rehashed Vash personality, (but with a Mecha instead of an artificial arm!!!), with all the other characters having standard cliche personalities. The somewhat bloody and violent omake extras were more interesting then the episodes.

As far as other serious Sci-Fi Anime series, there are more then enough recent releases you can choose from, such as the award winning series 'Gankutsuou', (the Sci-Fi remake of 'The Count of Monte Cristo'). For Cyberpunk, theres the excellent 'Ergo Proxy', as well as the haunting 'Texhnolyze'. And 'Flag' is another serious Sci-Fi series that is really really different from your conventional Anime fodder
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

voneyeding (Mar 21, 2008)

Thanks

As far as other serious Sci-Fi Anime series, there are more then enough recent releases you can choose from, such as the award winning series 'Gankutsuou', (the Sci-Fi remake of 'The Count of Monte Cristo'). For Cyberpunk, theres the excellent 'Ergo Proxy', as well as the haunting 'Texhnolyze'. And 'Flag' is another serious Sci-Fi series that is really really different from your conventional Anime fodder
    [/QUOTE]
    You must be from my neck of the woods,,and uh yeah totally agree, but dam dude you must be on the payroll! you got the background history on this stuff down
    I'll have to try out that 'Gankutsuou'and 'Ergo Proxy' but i could'nt stand 'Texhnolyze'
    .........thanks for input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VonEYEding

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

You must be from my neck of the woods,,and uh yeah totally agree, but dam dude you must be on the payroll! you got the background history on this stuff down
    I'll have to try out that 'Gankutsuou'and 'Ergo Proxy' but i could'nt stand 'Texhnolyze'
    .........thanks for input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Granted that 'Texhnolyze' does require a great deal of patience and self-discipline to watch through.... Though if your looking for a series that is like 'Cowboy Bebop' the you should try the darker and grittier series 'Black Lagoon' which substitutes Space Bounty Hunters with South East Asian Pirate Mercenaries...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Granted that 'Texhnolyze' does require a great deal of patience and self-discipline to watch through.... Though if your looking for a series that is like 'Cowboy Bebop' the you should try the darker and grittier series 'Black Lagoon' which substitutes Space Bounty Hunters with South East Asian Pirate Mercenaries...
    ...Actually been looking at geting black lagoon... yeah that has sounded interesting... hope geneon is dubbing it.. i have had it with ADV and lucy christian, since the recent destuction of english :APPLESEED ex machina... I was forced to revert to subbed on that!
    so your in silicon valley... just where? I'm in the tri valley
    VonEYEding

+ Reply to Thread