+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What anime is appropriate and fun for young females?

Newbie Heiditrump is off to a good start
    Thanks

What anime is appropriate and fun for young females?

I used to have quarrel with my yonger sister. Now I will spend time in watching some anime's with her recently. so far we have seen ouran highs chool host club, fruit basket and we just finished boys over flowers.now because of their age im having trouble picking what we should watch next .... whats about the same level of just a little inuendo but not to ruanchy for young girls .. I have found quite a lot in anime.dormitory.com. But we have finished watched almost all the updated videoes on this site. Please do help me with this. This do help me to get along better with my sister.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What anime is appropriate and fun for young females?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Magical Girl' genre series are always a safe choice... FUNImation is currently streaming the first season of the original 'Pretty Cure', which the the 21st Century remake of the 'Magical Girl' genre...

FUNimation Videos > Shows
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

azumanga Daoih is a good one. Ninja Nonsense though it can push the envelop. Sailor moon isn't too bad either.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

You could try Naruto thats fun for boys and girls but if you want a girly one then Cardcaptor Sakura is the way to go I love it and Im a boy its really good.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

one thats pretty good for guys but makes the girls go crazy is inuyasha

Otaku Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion, Zizzo Challenge Champion, Zwill Champion, Aragon Dragon Champion KingAnime is off to a good start
    Thanks

I got 2 words Sailor Moon you cant get much girlier than that.

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
    Beware My Power Green Lanterns Might

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

'K-On!' is really good. Also, you might want to try 'Angelic Layer' or, 'xxxHolic' are good choices as well. If you have Comcast cable, they're playing 'xxxHolic' on demand! ^_^

Also, if you haven't already watched them, 'Lucky Star' and 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' are good as well.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Magical Girl' genre series are always a safe choice... FUNImation is currently streaming the first season of the original 'Pretty Cure', which the the 21st Century remake of the 'Magical Girl' genre...

FUNimation Videos > Shows

Not always. Shoujo Kakumei Utena isn't necessarily tame, yet it has always been listed under the genre of Magical Girl.

Depends on how censored you're looking for. To be honest, almost everything in the Shoujo genre is going to have to deal with romance of some sort, and when genres deal with that it will normally lead to a sexual sort. (it's just a matter of how explicit. Is a kiss a huge deal or is nudity?) Even Sailor Moon has it. Any by the way, if you want her to ever love you, please do NOT get the english dub. Usagi's voice is annoying and it will scar her for life. Not joking. And also, don't forget Sailor Moon has it's sexual moments. Just look at ratings, try Netflix, because they have a large selection.

Have you ever considered Shonen? Light shonen can have some light profanity and cartoonish violence at worst. I grew up on it, and I always considered Shoujo to be more of a pre teen to teen to adult genre.

Anywho! My favorite anime movies growing up were by Hayao Miyazaki. All of his films are for children and are definitely nothing less then ah-may-zing.

PS. I wouldn't recommend Naruto till she's about 12 to be honest. As a shonen it's a fine series, but for girls I have to say it gets disappointing considering how negatively they portray all females characters. Pay attention to symbolic messages, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast