Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What Anime DVDs are you buying Now!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

What Anime DVDs are you buying Now!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

This thread is to declare to the world (or at least AO) what Anime DVDs you think are worthy enough of spending your cold hard earned cash on. (TV shows, fansubs, and borrowed DVDs don't count...)

For this thread, DO NOT POSTS LISTS. If you think a Anime DVD is worthy, your going to have to explain WHY!?!?

One series that I just finished viewing (with this weeks release of DVD #6) is 'Gankutsuou', the Sci-Fi remake of 'The Count of Monte Cristo'. This series was awarded a 'Best Anime TV series) for the year 2004 at the Tokyo Anime Fair, and after finishing this series, I can say that it is fully worthy of this Award... 'Gankutsuou' is one of the more adult themed series, with the story (based on classic, The Count of Monte Cristo) about one man's quest for revenge, and how he goes about obtaining it, and it's after effects on everyone around him... With most of the episodes occuring in a Sci-Fi Paris of the future, everything about this series makes it easily one of the most stylistic since 'Serial Experiment Lain'

It's a little early to start talking about best Anime releases for this year, but the way it looks right now, of the series that will complete their Region 1 release for this year (2006), the two most outstanding releases are 'Full Metal Alchemist' (who's movie took this year's grand prize at the Tokyo Anime Fair) and the GONZO Studio series 'Gankutsuou'... For those looking for a more serious adult themed series, 'Gankutsuou' has my highest recommendation...

GANKUTSUOU--THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO: GENEON USA Website
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What Anime DVDs are you buying Now!!!

o.o u're actually made a thread XD jking jking

anyways there are lots i'm gonna buy but the current series i'm buying is Trigun coz the reviews for it was pretty good over all and then i jus had to go and see if it really good so i went out n bought it and i wasnt dissappointment at all. This series so far has comedy, sadness, action which i really like in an anime. it's sorta similar to Samraui X which i've got the boxsets for. It's definitely worthing buy it or at least renting it out jus to decide for urself

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

It's not really one DVD. More like a Box of DVDs. (Does that count as a TV show?)
    But anyways, I recommend EXCEL SAGA the thinpack collection!
    ADV Films.com

The whole of Excel Saga compiled in a small and handy set.
    I like the way it takes up much less room than the Imperfect collection.
    Last edited by Hassun; Sep 26, 2006 at 02:12 PM.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Theres alot of stuff at Adv that i like but currently i would recommend Noir.
    About a girl named Mireille a silent type of girl who happens to be one of the most talented assassins in the underworld. She joins ups with a girl named kirika who has absolutely no memory of her past and they are connected by the word soldats an a watch that makes a musical tune.

ITs a great series worthy of ur money, it comes in a nice black case to put all the dvds into once u collect them all. I remcommend going to adv and checking it out right now. i currently have the first 2 volumes, and its had me on the edge of my seat since i started watching it. Plus the replay value should be really good, because the story line is very large in a sense because of all of the different things a assain goes through.

Well i hope i convienced you, if you dont like it then send ur dvd to me, i love the anime! o and the first noir dvd comes with the art box and also a t-shirt and volume 1. Enjoy it if u buy it!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks
    My cousin have bought a japanese DVD titled "Spirited away" and now me and my sister plan on buying Conqueror of shambala but we have no enough money,seems like DVD's are getting expensive...

Newbie LiL D may be famous one day LiL D may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I bought Vandread -original with subs and the English Translated DVD
    Elfen Lied, original with subs.

Atm i am trieng to see a preview of ChronoCrusade and looking for simular Animes such as Vandead and Elfen Lied (to me it was deep)

I only buy Anime DVDs after i watched them...reason? to reward the ppl who made it, who put hard work into it, who came up with the beauty of these animes listed above

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks
    I bought Ninja Scroll 1-2 yesterday...mostly because they were cheap, but
    I really can say that if you happen to find Ninja Scroll at reasonable price
    I suggest that youu think about buying them. With price of bit lower than
    average price they will be worth of buying.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This weekend I've been enjoying my first DVD of the series 'Comic Party Revolution' one of the better comedy/parody series out there. The third episode has this wonderful baseball parody that was able to draw some outrights laughs (which is rare for a comedy series to do with me...) The story is suppose to be about a young college students and his trials on writing and publishing amature manga (doujinshi) in the hobbiest circuits, but it's really about the crazy interactions with himself and his close friends...

'Comic Party Revolution' is a direct continuation of the story told in the original 'Comic Party' anime series with a total lack of character introductions, so this really means you must see 'Comic Party' series first. But since 'Comic Party' is about to be released in a affordable thin pack, this shouldn't be hard to do...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast