Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What Anime DVDs are you buying Now!!!

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Well, I just received my order from RightStuf the other day. It was with their Bounty special they had, 10 Geneon DVDs/CDs for $50. So, I picked up all of Texhnolyze, the final volume of Haibane Renmei, a couple volumes of Chobits for my friend's birthday and the Kare Kano OST "Act 2.0".

So, I'm a bit of an ABe fan. Ok... a very big ABe fan. In case you are unfamiliar with it, Haibane Renmei is the story of a angel-like girl named Rakka, who was born from a coccoon in a small room of an old schoolhouse called Old Home. She is cared for by the other angel-like people in Old Home, named Haibane for their charcoal-colored feathers. The story follows Rakka as she interacts with the other Haibane, as well as the townsfolk in the small town.

As for Texhnolyze, I'll talk about it when I watch it. It was an impulse buy, something I haven't done in too long a time.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I have to say that I have been most fortunate over the past two weeks on shipments from Overstock. In addition to 'Comic Party Revolution', this weekend I finally had time to look at the first DVD of 'Trinity Blood', This series has exceptional animation quality, (and said to be one of the show piece series that Studio GONZO put out last year) with a storyline that shows promise with the first DVD. Another DVD I just finished is #4 of 'Hikaru No Go'. A anime series about a strategic board game sounds, well boring... But 'Hikaru No Go' isn't just a series about the game of GO, it's about the drive and determination of the characters WILL TO WIN! and the trials they must face and over come to reach their goal. If anyone wants to find out what a Sports anime series is like, 'Hikaru No Go' is an excellent series to try...

And the last collection set I've finished this month is the thinpack 'Chance Pop Session', which joins 'Princess Nine' as one of the great sleeper series that everyone isn't watching (BUT SHOULD) Since the story is about a trio of teenage girls who are given a rare chance to become professional idol singers, and IS STRONGLY SHOUJO, members of the fairer sex will enjoy the character growth and strong emotional storyline that this series offers...

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd View Post
    As for Texhnolyze, I'll talk about it when I watch it. It was an impulse buy, something I haven't done in too long a time.
    Be forwarned, 'Texhnolyze' is a straight CYBERPUNK genre, so be prepared for many WTF moments when watching this series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks
    You're really very lucky LenMiyata...I hope I have enough money into buying some DVD's. This year,I've been saving alot of money that are specially my allowance...

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks
    I plan on buying the rest of my FMA collection. So far I'm up to 9 T-T;;;
    But hell the movie was great. It was worth the buy for me ^^

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks

Tenchi

Right now i currently want to buy the Tenchi series. All of them.

Why? because i've always loved the series and thought it was hilarious. Tenchi Muyo was probably my favorite. I think it has a great story, great comedy, and good fights. Both me and my girlfriend are planning on working together to buy it. >.> though right now it seems im the only one who has money.....XD

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks
    I bought seven new series last month, and so far I've been able to get through a few discs each of Saiyuki, Azumanga Daioh, and Steel Angel Kurumi.

On a side note, I have to agree with LenMiyata that Princess Nine is a great series that no one seems to know about.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hare+Guu. This series is amusing and light. I'm sure Azumanga Daioh would love it. You'll get to see all sorts of face expressions coming from Hare as Guu terrorizes the jungle they live in. The series is also very unpredictable and after the series DVDs are out, they'll be releasing one or both of its OVAs. If you get the special box that has volume one, you get a big lump of...just call it an afro for now... All the guys are wearing them. I enjoy the subs and the dubs, so no complaints there. Maybe there will be a box set later on.

Har&#233;+Guu <------Click.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks
    i saw a hellsing box set for sale at the best buy near me for 49.99 so yea im gona go buy it since i have never seen an episode of it ,unless oyu count the AMV i made . its gonne be cool to be able to watch a whole season of it
    if that what it is
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast