Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What anime series should I get?

Newbie Genesis Rhapsodos is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: What anime series should I get?

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Another shounen series that I recently completed is 'KenIchi the Mightiest Disciple'. A Martial Arts/High School teenage romantic comedy series. With a cliche plot about cliche Martial Artist training filled with cliche characters, the series is surprisingly entertaining. The series is incomplete, with FUNimation having licensed and published what is essentially only the first half of the series. But FUNimation reports that the DVDs have been selling well, and no doubt they have the option for the 2nd half, so we might see another license announcement for the 2nd half at AX this coming weekend...

Kenichi - Official Anime Website from FUNimation
    yeah.. to bad I'm not going to AX... really wanted to but yeah. Worst part of it is, I live a less then half an hour away from the Convention center.. oh well.. Thanks btw! and I ordered D.N.angel and Black cat, I hurd they were good! next I'll get Ghost in the shell, SAC ... but, I coudnt find a box set on RightStuf... I only found other GITS box sets but not Stand alone complex....

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble Ahem... Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Rhapsodos View Post
    ... next I'll get Ghost in the shell, SAC ... but, I coudnt find a box set on RightStuf... I only found other GITS box sets but not Stand alone complex....
    1st Season
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Season 1 DVD Set (Hyb) (Anime Legends)

2nd Season
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig DVD Set (Hyb) (Anime Legends)

OVA
    Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society DVD (Hyb)

And the Right Stuf just put the first 13 episodes AND the 2nd 13 episodes of 'Kenichi' in the weekly specials...
    Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple Season 1 DVD Part 1 (Hyb)
    Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple Season 1 DVD Part 2 (Hyb)
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jul 02, 2009 at 09:54 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Gormag is off to a good start Gormag's Avatar
    Thanks

Burst Angel... DNAngel... Ergo Proxy... Fate/Stay Night... Samurai 7... Shuffle!... Trinity Blood... Witch Hunter Robin...

Thats all I can think of right now.

Newbie Vileofblood is off to a good start Vileofblood's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i just started new sereis called aquarian it seems to be in the catagory that you have already created with the other animes so good luck

Why do i hate me?

Newbie Ryu Senka is off to a good start
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: What anime series should I get?

Burst Angel, Naruto, Guren Lagann, Bleach, Code Geass, Code Geass R2,

and/or Ranma 1/2.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought aceman put a ban on these threads. . . .
    So.... What series should I buy from Rightstuf? I wanna start havin series..so yep ^^

I like: comedy... Lucky star was REALLY good... But, I like it when there are these massive fights.. with all these powers...... With a bit of romance along the way... The character progresses little by little, getting stronger, ect.
    And the storyline has to ROCK.... NO anime's where you see em get stabbed and no blood comes out... thats just shit.... Imagen bleach, Mixed with lucky star, A bit of clannad (hurt it was a really romantic anime) anmd a few more...... thx ^^

so: Comedy, Fighting, Sword fights AND fist.... , Sad, Funny, bloody at times... Progression throughout the story, Good storyline, Romance.
    Ninjia Scroll - action action

Rave Master - slow charatcer progression, action If you like One Piece then you'll like this

DNAngel - romance, some comedy (depending on your perspective), action

Yu Yu Hakusho - character progression, comedy (again depending on your perspective, action and more action, and the occasional decapitation. If you like Rurouni Kenshin then you'll like this

Escaflowne - mecha (so it has to have action), a hint of romance, there is character development. The series is relatively short (26 episodes) so I definitely recommend watching beginning to end as there is some fantasy elements that are capable of throwing you

She: The Ultimate Weapon - action, action, scifi, romance is part of the driving force of this really short series (13 episodes). If you like Ghost in the Shell and Escaflowne then you'll probably like this

Seto no Hanayome - comedy comedy comedy. A mermain and a human boy have to get married to one another to avoid being killed. But the human's life is always in danger (because he's married to a mermaid and mermaid politics). And unfortunately this isn't too violent. Or at least not as violent as I'm used to. I don't highly recommend it but it's the only thing I can think of that makes me laugh uncontrollably. We're talking soda coming out the nose.

10 Tokyo Warriors - action action action. Not too gory, not as bloody as it could be, but if you like Yu Yu Hakusho then I recommend this.

Anything Tenchi - fantasy action, girls girls girls. One of the luckiest characters in anime is surrounded by more girls that like him than the law should allow and he more or less spurns every one of them. But yeah I highly recommend the series and any of the movies.

Hope you find something you like

Otaku rajendran is off to a good start
    Thanks

thx, And I was thinking, Whats everyones thoughts on the anime "Kiba" I saw a few episodes, And they were really good.. there are like 51 eps...

BTW thx Len, I'll watch 1 or 2 eps of airgear (depending on how many eps come in the DVD) online, same with Ghost in a shell (the one you recomended) and see which one is better ^^ And if I like them ofcorse
    Airgear:
    Air Gear DVD Bargain Bundle (Hyb) damn thats expensive.. Yay for discounts!!!!!
    if i'm not wrong the entire series of Kiba didnt have any blood spill at all despite lots of fighting and stuff =) its more of a kids show... a variation from pokemon

Newbie IzunaMei is off to a good start IzunaMei's Avatar
    Thanks

Anybody recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? I have the complete collection and it's great. Funny, sad, and blood in one episode. Beautifully made, don't give up on the first episode! BTW, Episode 0 won't make sense at first.

-Hana-chan

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast