Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what is a chobit

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

what is a chobit

well im reading a graphic novil and im wonderin what a chobit was.

Tanks zyta

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: what is a chobit

The name "Chobits" comes from the fact that their father, Ichiro Mihara, used the word "Chobi" to describe anything he thought was "small and hopelessly adorable". Two Chobi become "Chobits". The word "Chobits" is an anagram of "Chitose Hibiya."[3], and is also the password given to Elda, Freya, Plum, and eventually Chi. The spelling of the title uses a mixture of hiragana ちょびっ Chobi[t] and katakana ツ tsu. The mixed letters were chosen because a persocom's password requires a mixture of hiragana, katakana and/or Latin alphanumeric characters for increased security. Similarly, the password チょびっつ Chobittsu for Plum (also known as "Sumomo"; "Sumomo" is Japanese for "plum"), set by Hideki in episode 19 of the TV series (entitled "Chi Helps Out"), mixes katakana (チ, Ch[i]?) and hiragana (ょびっつ, [y]obittsu?), although in TOKYOPOP's English translation of the manga, the password is "Chobits" (with a capital "C").

The word persocom (パソコン, pasocon?) is a Japanese contraction of personal computer (パーソナルコンピュータ, pāsonaru conpyūta?). In Japan, it is used to refer to personal computers in the same way as the initials PC are in English. In Chobits, it is used with no distinction between modern and humanoid computers. This may be in reference to the fact that "computer" used to mean a person who performed calculations.
    Here is more information. Chobits.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ if you keep reading the story, it will be explained in full!

P.S.:

er... or maybe not!

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

well i just picked one up and started reading. so im not sure with whats going on .

Tanks zyta

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

You will understand its plot soon enough. Well actually... not really. But it's a nice series. I suspect you will enjoy it.

Thanks

i really do like it tho....i kinda got the idea of the plot if ther is one.

Tanks zyta

Newbie Seven Sword Samurai may be famous one day Seven Sword Samurai may be famous one day Seven Sword Samurai's Avatar
    Thanks

ok a chobit(from chibits right?) is a persocom that has almost human characterstics. basically it is a close to a human as a machine can get, which is what chii is

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Sword Samurai View Post
    ok a chobit(from chibits right?) is a persocom that has almost human characterstics. basically it is a close to a human as a machine can get, which is what chii is
    yup thats about it persocom that has almost human characterstics its a good manga and u can watch the anime for a better idea if u like its very good in my opinion.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast