Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the difference

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is the difference

Well Anime means japanese drawings and americanis just cartoons. Anime has a style of a type of eyes a while cartoons is a simple doodles like Billy and Mandy. Cartoons is usually for kids a while Anime is mostly for 13 and up I guess?
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KuwiRules145 View Post
    while Anime is mostly for 13 and up I guess?
    There is anime for all ages.

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime=Artistic medium
    Cartoons=Any artistic medium that is not anime
    or
    Anime=Cartoons from Japan
    Cartoon=Cartoons from anywhere

Sorry but other then animation style there is no technical difference, only a person's beliefs.

You can not defend it as being different from cartoons because it is not. It is animation, that there are many different series of. To try and say all anime is one thing and all cartoons are another only proves that your personal bias is so deep that you might not be someone to listen to.
    On the surface other then the style the only thing that seperates the two is that most cartoons are very childish....ergo do not attract the age group that anime tends to....Still that is only as of yet, but not a technical difference.

Newbie Wolfram4 is off to a good start Wolfram4's Avatar
    Thanks

Cartoon's arn't as bloody as anima but anima is way more intresting then regale cartoon's. Plus cartoon's today are more for baby's then the teenage taste, and anima is more the teenage realm then most cartoons.

Otaku Taelana may be famous one day Taelana may be famous one day Taelana's Avatar
    *tap tap tap...I'm right here...Dont you see me?
    Thanks

I really dont think that anime is a matter of drawing. I mean really Pokemon doesnt really seem all that anime-esque to me. I would have thought it was a cartoon, but its not ... its an anime. And not all cartoons are silly and unrealistic looking like W.I.T.C.H, Teen Titans, even older cartoons like Gi Joe. As for being silly have you not seen Abenobashi, FLCL, Bobobobo bobobo or One Piece? You dont think they're overly silly or with a silly drawing style?

Both cartoons and anime are considered a form of animated drawings, but anime is specifically Japanese.
    Mukuchi ni naruhodo suki yo yasashi sa doushitara mieru no
    daikishimete motto tsuyoku atataka na mune wo shinjiru yo
    Sayonara solitia ashita he

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taelana View Post
    I really dont think that anime is a matter of drawing. I mean really Pokemon doesnt really seem all that anime-esque to me. I would have thought it was a cartoon, but its not ... its an anime. And not all cartoons are silly and unrealistic looking like W.I.T.C.H, Teen Titans, even older cartoons like Gi Joe. As for being silly have you not seen Abenobashi, FLCL, Bobobobo bobobo or One Piece? You dont think they're overly silly or with a silly drawing style?

Both cartoons and anime are considered a form of animated drawings, but anime is specifically Japanese.
    Pokémon is 100% anime through and through.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Time once again to post the common 'properties' of Anime that distinguish it from American Cartoons...

1. Large eyes, (this dates back all the way to 'Astro Boy' of the early 1960s, and the Manga influence dating back to the late 1940s...)
    2. Highly detailed background art. (Even children Anime series such as 'Pokemon' have this characteristic)
    3. Japanese cultural references... (Considering that the standard definition of 'Anime' is animation written and targeted for a Japanese audience, this is not surprising...)
    4. Story arcs that span multiple episodes, (not the episodic stories common in US cartoons)
    4a. Fixed episode ordering. (Seeing episodes out of order is like reading the chapters of a book out of order...)
    5. Character emotional growth. (In American cartoons, Bugs Bunny is always Bugs Bunny. In most Anime, Characters at the end of a series, or even the end of a story arc, are rarely the same as what they started as...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima's Avatar
    Thanks

And to think, mostly(but not all) cartoon's is more on deform characters and the series is mostly unpredictable. While anime, it have a definate plot storyline, though. Anime may have some unpredictable series also. Sunny Pig as an example. But it is according to episodes. But in Cartoons sometimes it doesnt have definate episodes.

"Bring salvation to akuma's soul."

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast