Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about anime that has been taken over by americans?

Newbie shinn123 may be famous one day shinn123 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    What kind of hypocrite are you? If you want to see anime, you have to be prepared to pay for it whether you are Japanese or any other nationality. Media is supposed to bring in more money than the costs to make it. That's called making profit.

On top of that, like LenMiyata mentioned, most of the anime released abroad also include the original audio with subtitles.
    dont speak with that attitude. im asking what do you think about it. , as well their are some anime thats tv series. obviously means that, THEY ALREADY MADE MONEY dont speak CRAP

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now this isn't anywhere close to the truth.... Only the 'Golden Hour' prime time family shows (e.g. Naruto, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Blood+) are making money off of advertising and merchandise sales. The vast majority of niche market 'Otaku' oriented anime series, (which are usually shown in the post midnight time slots) often have to pay the TV networks to show them, and depend on sales of DVDs and foreign license sales to make up the production costs. The recent trend for Japanese Anime distributors to directly enter the US market (e.g. Kadokawa Shouten, Bandai Visual USA, Dentsu's minority ownership in GENEON USA) is in part desperation to bypass the US distributors and earn revenue directly off of the US and other foreign markets. If this income does not meet expectations, these companies will have no choice but to cut back on the production of Anime. Anime production in Japan has been in a 'bubble' economy since the start of the 21st Century, and is already showing signs of decline...

ICv2 News - Japanese Anime, Manga Markets Decline
    are you sure you are right? you see. there is one thing that i dont think you dont understand here. there is onething very obvious. they waNT MONEY. like i said. you seee right now im supporting japanese anime companies. not AMERICAN. plz be smart here. american is not the only market for anime, even china and korea has markets too. about the cost. you and me dont really know.(you only know unless you work in a anime company) they could be lying. these days. most companies are willing to do anything to get more income. and trust me. you dont know if they are making very little money or alot of money.

and now my point is that. i do not want to support american . all im gonna support is japan. guys.... jsut a reminder that please answer my question here. the question is what do you guys think about anime that has been taken by the americans. if you think im wrong or if you see i missed something, plz dont hesisate, and immeditly send me a message, i will be gladly to discuss this with you. IF necessary i will discuss this with you personaly
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 15, 2007 at 01:58 PM.

Newbie Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree ... i hate how the US just takes over the rights on anime ... we should just have imported anime with japanese dialog and english subs ((even though the subs are not THAT accurate)) ...

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    You gotta support them so they can make the shows!? lol j/k. Sure I buy the series, but I can't go out and afford every little thing that I want to watch. What happens to the poor man, lol. Will they go without their anime fix? Guess I'll have to wait until I graduate to be able to buy as much as I like, >.<
    I agree with your comment ... not all of us can buy the series WE wanna buy which i think is REALLY retarded ... ^^;;
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 15, 2007 at 01:58 PM.
    I'm in love with the BEST guy ever! I love YOU baby!!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: What do you guys think about anime that has been taken over by americans?

Quote Originally Posted by shinn123 View Post
    dont speak with that attitude. im asking what do you think about it. , as well their are some anime thats tv series. obviously means that, THEY ALREADY MADE MONEY dont speak CRAP
    I shall speak to you however I feel like. You are writing blatant lies and I don't like that.
    Last edited by Hassun; Mar 15, 2007 at 03:19 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shinn123 View Post

are you sure you are right? you see. there is one thing that i dont think you dont understand here. there is onething very obvious. they waNT MONEY. like i said. you seee right now im supporting japanese anime companies. not AMERICAN. plz be smart here. american is not the only market for anime, even china and korea has markets too. about the cost. you and me dont really know.(you only know unless you work in a anime company) they could be lying. these days. most companies are willing to do anything to get more income. and trust me. you dont know if they are making very little money or alot of money.

and now my point is that. i do not want to support american . all im gonna support is japan. guys.... jsut a reminder that please answer my question here. the question is what do you guys think about anime that has been taken by the americans. if you think im wrong or if you see i missed something, plz dont hesisate, and immeditly send me a message, i will be gladly to discuss this with you. IF necessary i will discuss this with you personaly
    So let me get this straight. You want to support the Japanese TV networks, distributors and Anime studios by REFUSING TO PAY MONEY for their US licensed products, and promote the destruction of the foreign licensing market as source of income??? You seem to be missing the point here. OF COURSE THEY WANT MONEY!!!! Do you actually think that just liking a product is going to pay for the cost of production??? And of course they make some money with the original TV broadcast, but what do you think the ratings are for a TV show that's shown at 2:30 AM in the middle of the night? (This is the time slot that Paranoia Agent was shown...) It's blatantly obvious that this isn't going to be enough to pay for costs of production. In comparison, just look at the quality of the TV programing at 2:30 at night on you local TV channels...
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 15, 2007 at 04:08 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Nobody back talks Len, lol. Len makes a point. The japanese get money through the licenses with the US, so why are you having a hard time paying a US company to view the shows. I think that's right, right?
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I shall speak to you however I feel like. You are writing blatant lies and I don't like that.
    if you really think they are lies. go to japan and find it out. you will understand what im saying once you go check it out. and trust me. in the real world. manners are very important

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    Nobody back talks Len, lol. Len makes a point. The japanese get money through the licenses with the US, so why are you having a hard time paying a US company to view the shows. I think that's right, right?
    im not really talking back. well im kinda. but not in a mad way. im jsut trying to discuss. the reason im having hard time is that AMERICANS ARE NOT SUPPORTING ANIME. and the price that we have to pay will be expensive. and we can only watch a few episdoes. guess what? im not gonna pay.... most people do not like to give money away. cmon this is like common sense. who WANTS TO PAY? and by the way, if yuou really want to support anime. you dont buy anime from americans. you BUY ANIME FROM JAPAN or support them by sending money and ideas.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 15, 2007 at 07:38 PM.

Newbie Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day Beowulf Belmont may be famous one day
    Thanks

I do not know about the rest of you, but I kind of prefer the japanese voice acting over the american dubbed versions myself. You may think differently, but I have seen quite a few anime shows get butchered because of shoddy dubbing.

P.S. By the way LenMiyata, why do you always say "Grumble, Grumble, Grumble" at the beginning of your posts? To me it sounds like you have not had anything to eat for a while.
    The trick is to know when to walk away and know when to run!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    So let me get this straight. You want to support the Japanese TV networks, distributors and Anime studios by REFUSING TO PAY MONEY for their US licensed products, and promote the destruction of the foreign licensing market as source of income??? You seem to be missing the point here. OF COURSE THEY WANT MONEY!!!! Do you actually think that just liking a product is going to pay for the cost of production??? And of course they make some money with the original TV broadcast, but what do you think the ratings are for a TV show that's shown at 2:30 AM in the middle of the night? (This is the time slot that Paranoia Agent was shown...) It's blatantly obvious that this isn't going to be enough to pay for costs of production. In comparison, just look at the quality of the TV programing at 2:30 at night on you local TV channels...
    i really get the point here. but when something is already paid off. why do WE STILL have to PAY? right now, the quality of anime being shown in tv will be a second discussion. but if you still want to discuss. i will discuss it personaly with ya =D

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast