Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about anime that has been taken over by americans?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you guys think about anime that has been taken over by americans?

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by shinn123 View Post
    ... the reason im having hard time is that AMERICANS ARE NOT SUPPORTING ANIME. and the price that we have to pay will be expensive. and we can only watch a few episdoes. guess what? im not gonna pay.....
    It looks like you stated the cause and effects right here... If more people purchased Anime then the price per unit would start to go down... In reality, the US price for Anime (as expensive as it is) is quite a bit cheaper then it is in Japan, where the average price for a DVD runs $40 - $50 dollars for only one to two episodes (with no extras). Compared to this, the prices being offered in the US is a bargain...

And where did you get the idea that Anime series are already paid off before their licensed to the US??? Many of the smaller Japanese studios have publicly announced that they were expanding Anime production based on the assumption of increased sales of foreign licenses. If these sales don't occur, what is going to fund the production of new Anime series???

(Didn't you read the link to this article?) ICv2 News - Japanese Anime, Manga Markets Decline
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 15, 2007 at 07:38 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie KittenNewb is off to a good start KittenNewb's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm 50/50 on it. Most anime you see being shown on TV is for small children nowadays, so I doubt they care that they retain its original elements, or censor it to oblivion. As long as the children enjoy it and it's generating viewers/revenue. Besides, do you think any child (on a large scale) either knows/cares about getting acquainted with it's Japanese counterpart, let alone afford to? And to an extent, do you event hink they should be able to? I remember my friends older brother introducing me to the japanese episodes of DBZ when I was 8 or 9, and being royally disturbed and upset by the overbundance of gore/swearing/nudity, which was almost nonexistent in the American dub. Sometimes, changes have to be made. It usually a difference of social morals and culture.

For more mature anime like Initial D, whos base is young adults and adults, I can understand, espically since it's American dub was abysmally done, and they tried way too hard to naturalize it for American audiences, hence why they coupled the unedited, original versions of the episodes in each DVD. Some anime is brought to the USA quite well. I remember enjoying Outlaw Star on Cartoon Network no more than the uncut DVD release. After watching Hot Springs Planet Tenrei "enough" times, the story/perversion ratio was unbalanced enough to strike it from air on TV, despite fanboy/fangirl disagreement.

Newbie shinn123 may be famous one day shinn123 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

It looks like you stated the cause and effects right here... If more people purchased Anime then the price per unit would start to go down... In reality, the US price for Anime (as expensive as it is) is quite a bit cheaper then it is in Japan, where the average price for a DVD runs $40 - $50 dollars for only one to two episodes (with no extras). Compared to this, the prices being offered in the US is a bargain...

And where did you get the idea that Anime series are already paid off before their licensed to the US??? Many of the smaller Japanese studios have publicly announced that they were expanding Anime production based on the assumption of increased sales of foreign licenses. If these sales don't occur, what is going to fund the production of new Anime series???

(Didn't you read the link to this article?) ICv2 News - Japanese Anime, Manga Markets Decline
    then do you mind telling me this. what do you think about it? do you think its a good thing or bad thing. or is it natural? by the way. if they are not paid off. how can they even start? n let me ask you this question as well. if anime is being shown in tv in japan. how do you think they have the money? how can they live for so long??

Quote Originally Posted by KittenNewb View Post
    I'm 50/50 on it. Most anime you see being shown on TV is for small children nowadays, so I doubt they care that they retain its original elements, or censor it to oblivion. As long as the children enjoy it and it's generating viewers/revenue. Besides, do you think any child (on a large scale) either knows/cares about getting acquainted with it's Japanese counterpart, let alone afford to? And to an extent, do you event hink they should be able to? I remember my friends older brother introducing me to the japanese episodes of DBZ when I was 8 or 9, and being royally disturbed and upset by the overbundance of gore/swearing/nudity, which was almost nonexistent in the American dub. Sometimes, changes have to be made. It usually a difference of social morals and culture.

For more mature anime like Initial D, whos base is young adults and adults, I can understand, espically since it's American dub was abysmally done, and they tried way too hard to naturalize it for American audiences, hence why they coupled the unedited, original versions of the episodes in each DVD. Some anime is brought to the USA quite well. I remember enjoying Outlaw Star on Cartoon Network no more than the uncut DVD release. After watching Hot Springs Planet Tenrei "enough" times, the story/perversion ratio was unbalanced enough to strike it from air on TV, despite fanboy/fangirl disagreement.
    i dont understand your answer.....do you mind telling me in a better way. since i dont think you are really answering my question
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 15, 2007 at 09:51 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    then do you mind telling me this. what do you think about it? do you think its a good thing or bad thing. or is it natural? by the way. if they are not paid off. how can they even start? n let me ask you this question as well. if anime is being shown in tv in japan. how do you think they have the money? how can they live for so long??
    Business investment always involves a degree of risk. Back at the turn of the Century, everyone was gushing about the rise of popularity of Anime in the US market. And in Japan, at that time, Anime was the only field of entertainment media that was showing significant growth. So Media/Entertainment companies such as Sony Entertainment (who owns Studio Aniplex), Dentsu, (which bought GENEON), and record labels such as Kings Records and Victor Entertainment started investing in the Anime industry. But this investment was gambling on the continued growth of both the domestic and world Anime market. With the decline in media sale the past few years in Japan, you see the direct entry of Japanese companies into the US market, (Sony will be marketing the Aniplex series 'Blood+', Bandai Visual USA has 'Gunbuster', the 'Patlabor' Movies out, with more series forthcoming. Kadokawa USA has 'Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid' being distributed by Funimation, with more series forthcoming, Dentsu bought minority interest in GENEON USA sharing ownership with Mitsubishi...) to place all their remain bets on the US/World market.

If the US/World market bet doesn't pay off, I see the Anime bubble bursting! It almost burst back in 1999 with a serious drop off in Anime production (but that was before the big media companies started investing) If the bubble does burst, it will be more like what the industry suffered back in 1989, with minor and major production studios going under...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I don't think America is "taking over" anime. They pay to show it over here, so I think all is well. At least that is my opinion on this situation. They are making us pay to watch anime already. We have to BUY the dvds and BUY the manga books.. They are not going to rid of it entirely. I don't think it's likely.

Newbie shinn123 may be famous one day shinn123 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Smile Re: What do you guys think about anime that has been taken over by americans?

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Business investment always involves a degree of risk. Back at the turn of the Century, everyone was gushing about the rise of popularity of Anime in the US market. And in Japan, at that time, Anime was the only field of entertainment media that was showing significant growth. So Media/Entertainment companies such as Sony Entertainment (who owns Studio Aniplex), Dentsu, (which bought GENEON), and record labels such as Kings Records and Victor Entertainment started investing in the Anime industry. But this investment was gambling on the continued growth of both the domestic and world Anime market. With the decline in media sale the past few years in Japan, you see the direct entry of Japanese companies into the US market, (Sony will be marketing the Aniplex series 'Blood+', Bandai Visual USA has 'Gunbuster', the 'Patlabor' Movies out, with more series forthcoming. Kadokawa USA has 'Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid' being distributed by Funimation, with more series forthcoming, Dentsu bought minority interest in GENEON USA sharing ownership with Mitsubishi...) to place all their remain bets on the US/World market.

If the US/World market bet doesn't pay off, I see the Anime bubble bursting! It almost burst back in 1999 with a serious drop off in Anime production (but that was before the big media companies started investing) If the bubble does burst, it will be more like what the industry suffered back in 1989, with minor and major production studios going under...
    you are kidna right. but however. in my mind, this anime being taken over by anime still havent change. because i know that there is something that none of us know. only people that works in a anime company will know. right now we can only discuss it

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

@_@ Wow, this thread has certainly gotten serious...

But seriously shinn123, like Len has already mentioned WHY do you suppose that anime studioes make anime!? Sure, to entertain us is one but the most important realistic reason is MONEY!!!!! You need money in this world and anime studioes make this money by selling DVDs, series related products, and selling rights to foriegn studioes.

...and DONT EVEN say that anime is "EXPENSIVE" in the US!!! Anime in the US is cheaper than in Japan (Most cases). Like Len has already explained most anime DVDs in Japan ONLY have 2eps with no extras and they usually run anywhere from 3000~5000yen!! Thats' bout $30~50!! Also Limited Edition DVDs easily go over 10,000 yen in Japan and are almost always produced in limited quantity but in the US its on occasions nearly half the price with almost all of the bonuses!! Such as FF7AC Limited Collector's Edition or the Re-mastered GunBuster!!!

....now the price of manga is a different story. (=_=)

...and if you havent been paying attention. ALMOST ALL OF THE ANIME RELEASED IN THE US HAS THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE AVAILABLE IN THE SETTINGS!!!!!
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Mar 19, 2007 at 12:36 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

if you really think they are lies. go to japan and find it out. you will understand what im saying once you go check it out. and trust me. in the real world. manners are very important
    I have visited Japan and this isn't the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by shinn123
    you are kidna right. but however. in my mind, this anime being taken over by anime still havent change. because i know that there is something that none of us know. only people that works in a anime company will know. right now we can only discuss it
    I wonder if there's anyone here who understands what you are writing.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast